cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ages to get a MAC code

ddare101

Ages to get a MAC code

Hi
Is PlusNet still in the dark ages, told it will take up to 5 days to get a MAC, how ridiculous is that!  Looking back at previous forums I understood that this issue was solved years ago but this is so annoying and PlusNet are just being intentionally awkward. No way to try and woo a customer is it!
14 REPLIES 14
Razorback
Grafter

Re: Ages to get a MAC code

All the ISPs play this silly game. Phone back and ask for the MAC code again, stay on the phone till they give the code. It can be generated whilst you wait.
ddare101

Just did as suggested and now told it will be with me in 48 hours, no chance of being given it now.  Explained I was aware of the silly game but it doesn't seem to worry PlusNet, very short sighted of them to treat customers like this as word of mouth recommendations are very important. 
ddare101

Now just received an email confirmation of my telephone call this morning to say the MAC will be with me in 5 working days,  what happened to the 48hrs? crazy!
Razorback
Grafter

When I left PN to go to BT, I was told 5 days but never received the code. I phoned back and they gave it to me straight away. When I left BT to come back to PN the it took 2 calls but the second time I was given the code staight away. 5 days is the maximum time they are allowed to take not the time it actually takes.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@ddare101 keep an eye on your tickets, it might appear there https://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html?p=search
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The automated emails say 5 working days, however generally we provide these either the same day or the next day. Please let us know if you've not received this in the next few days and we'll take another look.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ddare101

Thanks for that Strat,  am keeping a close watch on the tickets so will be aware when it arrives.  Chris, I will post on this site as soon as it arrives so you will all know exactly how long it takes.  No reason why I can't get it now as if it doesn't arrive in the next few days it will be another 'few days' and so on.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Chris
The automated emails say 5 working days, however generally we provide these either the same day or the next day. Please let us know if you've not received this in the next few days and we'll take another look.

Surely it would be a good idea to have the automated email updated to reflect this.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ddare101

I just received this reply

'Thank you for getting in touch with us about your account.
I am sorry you feel this way, but the turn around for a MAC can take up to 5 working days. It may happen before then, but the official time frame is 5 working days. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.'
I really would like to know the technical/practical reason for a simple code taking so long to produce, can anyone out there explain please?  Would be very interested to know the answer to this for future ISP moves and I'm sure other customers would appreciated this also.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Its just a stalling tactic as far as i can see , providers can generate MAC codes instantly if they want to.
For a customer that wishes to leave, stalling them is more likely to make them not consider the ISP in future
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ddare101

Exactly 'I.T.Works', they just don't seem able to grasp this for some reason.
ddare101

Now coming to the end of the 2nd working day and still no code, so looks like 48 hours is out of the question!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm just picking this up again now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ddare101

Just received MAC, thanks all for your replies and support.