Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 Month Scam

FIXED
Stringwalker
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

18 Month Scam

Don't sign up to there 18 month renewal, you can pay line rental for only 12 months, the next 6 months are full price.

I thought I was saving more then £2.50 a month also, and I know it's only six £2.50 for the last six months but my direct debit will increase from £11 to £30 a month.

I was not told this when renewing my contract, and that my line rental magical didn't have to be renewed until some time after my contract expired.

Yes you have scammed me, but never again will I rejoin Plusnet.
12 REPLIES 12
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: 18 Month Scam

@Stringwalker 

I think that your choice of words is rather strong.

Line rental saver, as far as I am aware, has only ever been a 12 month offer. It is easily renewed just before the expiry of the initial 12 months. That would therefore continue the deal onwards in 12 months time. The option then is yours to seek a renewed deal when the present deal that you have expires in 18 months time. It is exactly the same as what you did to get your present deal.

Rushing into false accusations like you have could lead to rather difficult situations in the future.

Engage brain before operation keyboard.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

and to add to that.. If you are in a fixed price contract, then you are able to renew LRS at the same price as at the start of the contract

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Stringwalker
Rising Star

Then please don't reply if all you can do is insult people, it's my opinion, I have to manage my money carefully due to the current situation.

Find a hobby or a job.

Stringwalker
Rising Star

I've spoken to Plusnet, I can only pay for 12 month line rental, so I would lose half when I leave, this could have been mention when I renewed my contract.

If you engage your grey matter and read the post you will see that my contract ended before my line rental renewal was due by a month.

I assumed when I renewed I would have a 18 month line rental option, it is what it is.
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

@Stringwalker 

Thank you for your kind words. I already have a very enjoyable hobby and a life that treats me very well despite having a 21 year battle with major health issues. I do not have to offer help and guidance, I do so because I can.

However in your case I am prepared to withdraw any help.

Stringwalker
Rising Star

Fix
That would be appreciated.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Stringwalker
Rising Star

If you can delete this post it would be appreciated, thanks.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Stringwalker Your insulting responses to @agedgopher will not be deleted. Forum members are trying to help but you don't want to know.☹️

newagetraveller
Pro

"Scam" is a bit unneccesary Ricky.

The problem is that you assumed rather than read fully what you were signing up for and paying.

I was in a similar situation with PN, as many are, who agree to a 18 months min. term and then opt for LRS. However, I was aware that the dates would not synchronise and either pay for LRS again after 12 months in the hope that a good broadband deal could be negotiated in 6 months or bite the bullet and pay LR monthly for 6 months.

It's the same with my present provider,18 months min. term contract for fibre and 12  months LRS. It will mean making a decision again.

The LRS 12 months is not hidden and when taken out it is quite clear there are no longer (or shorter) options. Assumptions can and do sometimes bite you on the bum!

It is a good marketing ploy though, but not a scam.

Stringwalker
Rising Star

I think if you read his reply he was insulting my misses, but no mention of that, she replied in kind.

Trust me she was being polite,
Stringwalker
Rising Star

That's was her opinion, she was insulted and replied in kind.