cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

16 days and counting

AandA

16 days and counting

I signed up to Plusnet 16 days ago, based in large part on their reputation for customer service. Have I made a huge error?
When I signed up, there was the line test and an offer made which I accepted.
After 2 weeks nothing had happened so I phoned up. 45 minutes or so on hold and was told that my application had been rejected as there was insufficient capacity at the exchange, which makes me wonder what the line test was about. I was informed that I should have been called to tell me that there was a problem and to offer a solution, but for some reason their system had not picked up the rejection. However, the customer service operator would ensure that I got a call by 5.30 that day, and they would put that in an email to me. Sounded reasonable.
The email arrived confirming I would get a response within 24-48 hours. Hmmmm...... that's not the same thing as I was told on the phone.
Needless to say, I didn't get a call by 5.30 that day, and now 50+ hours later, I haven't had a call within the 24-48 hour timeframe either.
Please reassure me that I haven't made a terrible mistake.
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: 16 days and counting

Hi AandA,
A warm welcome to the forums.
At the risk of guessing wrong, did you sign up for fibre?  A line test would have verified that the phone line was working at the time of the test.  No capacity at the exchange, could mean no fibre capacity at your local cabinet - see here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/btwchecker.htm - this can change at any time.
If its really no phone line available, in some areas there is no space capacity in exchanges / distribution points, the consequence of that is that active, but non-subscribed circuits can be 'robbed' to provide or repair service for other users.  A circuit can be there one day and gone the next.
If either of the above applies to you, it will be no different for any other CP/ISP - if the BTOR capacity is used up for PlusNet, it will be used up for every one!  Sad

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi AandA,
I'm glad to see ticket 115706283 has been updated today as we've been able to place orders for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lmewarrants

21 days and still counting....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear that, I'll reply to your post here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,146307.msg1290822.html#msg1290822
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team