cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You asked, we delivered - New Skin

Following much consultation with the moderators and extensive user testing we have developed a new coloured "Skin" for the Community Site. From all the research we undertook it became apparently clear that people were very keen on both pastel colours (specifically pink), and the colour green. Due to this feedback we have developed the "Skin" which you are seeing now. The first phase of this was to implement it on the front-end of the website with the further phase being to implement the "Skin" on the Forum pages. Please let us know your thoughts and comments on the new skin. We hope to implement many more "Skins" using the results that we have found so that we can ascertain peoples preferences. Jonny (On behalf of Web Development) PS. APRIL FOOLS! - We will be however looking at the skin in the near future (not quite so scary though!).

0 Thanks
13 Comments
13 Comments
James_H
Not applicable
Much better Jonny - just what we needed. Refreshing *and* invigorating. We just need to get the colour scheme implemented across the forums too.....
petejackson
Grafter
Very 'Spring-like'.. fresh and invigorating.. good work Design bods! I take it this design will be rolling out to the forums this afternoon too?
jmd1
Not applicable
The lime green you see first hurts your eyes and the rest is rather bright too - can you dim it down please? although I have asked this - I imagine it go back to what was before later today!
jwing
Grafter
I am finding some of these comments very strange considering this is the result of such major user testing and research. Maybe we used an unrepresentative sample of the general public.
Neil_A1
Not applicable
I'd like to see more flowers on the right hand side
petejackson
Grafter
Bring back the flowers!
James_H
Not applicable
Sheesh - a little opposition and you crack under the pressure. All that hard work for nothing. Did like the flowers.....
jmd1
Not applicable
actually the flowers were very nice................. made it more spring like!
LiamM
Grafter
Musta missed this 😞
xpcomputers
Grafter
I missed this too. Maybe someone could upload a screen grab, or even better, you could have a static webpage of today's front page uploaded to some spare webspace, so we can browse the full experience for now and the future, in pastel pink with flowers down the edge! Without this I can only dream of what it might have looked like.
Colin
Grafter
I'll see if we can get a screenshot tomorrow for you then Smiley
xpcomputers
Grafter
Ahem... any news of the screenshot?
Be3G
Grafter
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing one either.