cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Like A Pirate 2007

Talk Like A Pirate 2007

Talk Like A Pirate 2007

Have you ever felt strangely compelled to encourage your colleagues with a “Step lively ‘mates!” or found yourself exclaiming “Shiver me timbers!”?  ‘Is it just me?’ I asked myself.  That is until I found International Talk like a Pirate Day. Talk like a Pirate Day The great day seems to have caught the imagination of wanna-be buccaneers across the globe and our friend Mad Cap’n Tom over at Yarr.org.uk has released a charity single this year in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care.  'hope it goes Top40! What’s that ye say?  Why would anyone want to talk like a pirate? What’s the point in that?  Well.. I guess the harsh truth is that there is no point. It’s a bit of fun and that’s it.  We’re going to be having a pirate theme in the office on the big day and we’re hoping you will join in the fun too.  Perhaps the forums will be full of bad pirate jokes and pirate-speak? So.. on Wednesday 19th, don’t just say ‘Hi’ when you can say ‘Ahoy there, me hearties!”. Yours ever, Cap’n (Port’ol’) Pete P-j

0 Thanks
5 Comments
5 Comments
pepsi_max2k
Grafter
yaaayyy pirate day's my favouritest day ever! hopefully i'll be in second life with my hat, sword and oversized parot (looks suspiciously like a flamingo...). do PN have a presence there yet?
petejackson
Grafter
No, we don't although I sometimes do ponder about how you might set up a virtual internet inside a virtual environment - worlds within worlds and that. And then I realise that's way too far out man and snap out of it Wink I think it's something we should have a dabble with though.. from a purely Community perspective. How many of our readers here use or have used Second Life?
James_H
Not applicable
Avast! My display name is changed on the portal, alas it still uses username for tagging comments here. Task for Pirate Pete: Get Wordpress to use display name from SMF to tag comments... Failure means you will hang from the yardarm before the sun kisses the sea on the horizon....
petejackson
Grafter
When you say 'portal' I take it you mean the forums? Pirate Colin reckons that do do this would require changes to the Wordpress code - we'll not be doing this today me hearties.
petejackson
Grafter
So.. how was Talk Like a Pirate Day in SecondLife then?