cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet launch new Phone and Broadband Bundle

Hi everyone, Hopefully by now you'll have seen our new look website. We hope you like it! Not only have we made some key changes to our website, we've also made a change to Broadband Your Way Option 1 and introduced a new bundle product. We have some good news for our BBYW Option 1 customers - you will now get 2GB usage allowance as standard instead of 1GB for the same price of £9.99 a month. We're making some changes to the cost of extra usage, by increasing the cost per GB by 25p. The increased allowance means that fewer of you will need to buy extra usage, so you'll have the freedom to download more at no extra cost. Today we're also launching a new combined Phone and Broadband Product - called Plusnet Essential Broadband. This will allow customers to take a phone line and 1GB broadband for £16.99 a month on a 12 month contract. If you're looking to find out more about our new look website, Essential, or the changes we're making to Option 1, come and join us in our Discussion Forums. I look forward to seeing you in there, James * Broadband £6.99 when taken as part of £16.99 Essential bundle. Fixed term contract of 12 months.

0 Thanks
41 Comments
41 Comments
beano
Grafter
Ahh that ******* asterisk again. So much for transparency.
beano
Grafter
Hang on. You're actually doing the price for the full minimum term of the contract? If so, I take it back (at least a little bit).
James1
Not applicable
Yes - The price doesn't change at any stage. It starts off and continues to stay at £16.99 for Essential. It's not an introductory offer at all.
LiamM
Grafter
As the image is being used in this Blog with the "Get broadband for £6.99 a month*"... shouldn't the relevant *-text be shown here too?
James1
Not applicable
Thanks Liam. I've added a little footer to the blog. I wasn't originally going to use that picture, but changed it as it would have been silly to have two blog posts with the same graphic (I was going to use our new logo originally).
sioma
Not applicable
Why are international calls so expensive? I call Russia a lot and currently pay 2ppm for a landline call (and I can get this cheaper). You are charging more than 50 ppm
Strat
Community Veteran
A usage increase on Option 1 is what many customers have been asking for since the recent product refresh. They ask and PlusNet Plusnet deliver. Smiley
beano
Grafter
Given that the "phone" essential package is a penny dearer than a better product (home phone - which includes evening calls, something Essential doesn't seem to include) is it not a bit misleading to say you're getting broadband for £6.99 in any event?
firefly21
Not applicable
just to say thank-you for the extra 1GB on my op 1
Walter_Fowler
Not applicable
Having just connected, I have a steep learning curve. It would help if you had a glossary of terms - Search did not reveal one. Thanks for the welcome upgrade to my contract.
gillandkeith
We like the new logo - looks great, really bright and cheerfull. Thanks for the extra 1GB on my op 1.
martyn1
Not applicable
Hi Walter. There is a glossary over on our main website at http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/glossary.shtml Hope you find it useful. I'm sure plenty of people here on the Community site can give you a hand if you get stuck with anything too.
sue3
Not applicable
Wow, Extra service - no extra cost!! Can this be true???
Michael_J_LLOYD
Not applicable
For someone who only uses the internet for emails etc., extra speed means nothing to me, from a mole in BT, they only provide 1.5 and won't increase it until everone shouts out loud. We need a service that is inexpensive easy to use for small light users, but includes a phone bundle.
Don_P
Not applicable
1GB extra for zero cost, will be reccommending Plusnet to my friends from now
Ian4
Not applicable
I am on £19.99 1gb with phone line & free EVENING & weekend calls. Have I lost my evening calls now? I see that the new phone deal does not mention evening calls, only weekend. What if I change to the £16.99 deal?. I am a VERY light user.
snowcat
Not applicable
Is the download still unlimited between midnight and 6am? As a 'vampire' this was a strong point for me, along with the free evening calls. I'm rarely concious before 4pm!
martyn1
Not applicable
Yes overnight usage is still free, and it's actually midnight-8am.
Bernie_Edwards
Not applicable
Now I can't login anymore!!!!! It doesn't recognise my username/password combination??? A great improvement I must say!!!!
Jonathan1
Not applicable
Is there a bundle of broadband + Anytime? My father is changing from BT to TalkTalk to reduce the cost of nattering with family in Germany and New Zealand. He's staying with Plusnet for broadband for the moment, but is mightily tempted by TalkTalk's bundle. Any chance that Anytime will feature match TalkTalk's Talk Global Anytime? (36 countries, 69min cut-off and otherwise all-you-can-eat.)
Sue2
Not applicable
Does this mean, that as an option 1 client, if I go over my 1GB limit I have to pay extra, in otherwords, is the first 1GB 'free' as per my subscription or do I have to pay for it again?
James1
Not applicable
Hi Sue, We've actually doubled your included usage, so you'll now get 2GB for the same price of £9.99.
Vik1
Browser
Well, at first look it all sounded great. An Extra 1GB usage, so everything is sweet. Then you look closer and realise that the "Essential" package doesn't come with free evening calls during the week. That makes a big difference. Look even further and the minimum call cost has increased by some 30% and the rates for mobiles is also up. Overall it's a cheap package price, but you are paying for it with huge price hikes on the calling tariff. Personally, i'm better off on the £19.99 package, the extra £3 more than makes up for the extra call charges and lack of free calls during the week!
jeanette_sweetm
Not applicable
I now can't log in either! Apparently my username doesn't exist!! This is SO frustrating.
Alison2
Not applicable
How do we log in, I am having the same problem as Bernie!
snowcat
Not applicable
Thanks for the info, Martyn. By the way, in the short time I've been a customer, the service has been 101%, my router is reporting consistent download speeds well in excess of what was anticipated, and still not one single spam. Guess its time I started recomending to family and friends. Thanks again
quaykids
Not applicable
Having "taken the plunge" just over 12 months ago, I migrated from Onetel/TalkTalk dial-up to PlusNet broadband. At the time, my choice of ISP`s had been whittled down to 2, needless to say that I chose PlusNet; at the time choosing a capped download, from a highly recommended ISP, as opposed to a capped speed. Since my decision, in my estimation, PlusNet has gone from strength to strength, and I feel that as one of your delighted customers,I have benefited from your extremely competitive nature ( as well as your continual strive to please your customers ) by participating in your home phone/line-rental scheme. Just as I was thinking that I had the ultimate unbeatable package, along came your competitive edge with an extra 1GB on my BBYW Option 1 package, that will teach me to become complacent whilst being with such a forward thinking imaginative ISP! So thank you for your continual efforts which never cease to surprise me, as I benefit from your never ending imagination. I am also continually singing your praises to all and sundry and sincerely hope that some are taking heed. So thank you once again and keep up the good work.
Frances1
Not applicable
thanks for the extra GB - what joy to have found a provider who isn't pushy and irritating but just nice and normal!
beano
Grafter
Where does the £6.99 come from? Is this phone package available on its own? If it is, given that it's inferior to a cheaper product, why is it so expensive? The more I think about this the more it seems like a con.
Andrew_I_Fergus
Not applicable
Can I still get onto the homephone package costing £19.99 which includes free evening and weekend calls?
Neil_A1
Not applicable
Hi Andrew, Yes you can - if you take Broadband Your Way Option 1 @ £9.99 and add our Home Phone Evenings & Weekend @£9.99 you end up with a £19.98 'bundle' Hope that helps 🙂
Crimson
Grafter
Technically I'm almost hopeless and often I have to give up as I don't have the wherewithal to understand what I'm supposed to be doing! I'm not even sure if I'm on the best PlusNet product for me although I know I am, voluntarily by agreement, locked in till (I think the end of) November 2008 as I accepted an earlier offer - and was glad to do so as it meant a lower bill for six months or so. Come November 2008 when my locked in period expires what are my options with PlusNet, please? Currently I think I am supposed to have up to 8 MB but my computer is so slow that that is practically irrelevant - 0.49 Mb connection speed at the last check. I have a free evenings and weekend calls up to one hour for local and national calls beginning 01 (I think) and I pay extra by choice for caller display - I would like to keep free calls and caller display. If you can tell me of any better option for when my current package with PlusNet expires in November 2008 I'll be grateful. I have no problem with PlusNet. The problem is that when I do have a computer problem like the one now (ongoing for ages and unable to resolve) I usually can't follow the instructions adequately and often end up giving up. The threat of BT charging me, when I didn't think the problem I had with my extremely low download speed (I checked as much as I was able to and changed filters etc - also no interfering telephones etc. close to computer equipment) (0.49 Mb instead of up to 8.00 Mb - and my "speed is still painfully slow) was mine, put me off altogether. I didn't understand how to dial up the free number so I gave up! Anyway - please let me know what good, better or best PlusNet options I have for a favourable Broadband/telephone package from PlusNet when I am released from my present arrangement. Many thanks Christina J Crichton
Crimson
Grafter
Sorry I didn't realise I wasn't logged in the last time - see - I really am not technically adept!! The problem with the painfully slow download speed still stands and I'd also welcome advice about my best options come November when my present locked in contract ends. If (and I'm not sure!) Broadband Your Way (£9.99) is the same as I have now (up to 8Mb) for £14.99 and I add phone calls any time (£15) instead of my present evenings and weekends at £9.99 plus my caller display at £1.50 per month - does this mean that: when my present contract ends, I can have Broadband up to 8Mb Telephone calls any time and caller display for £26.49 per month? For me (if I could get my download to speed up!!) this would be very good package. Also - vitally for me - what about the changeover - any likely difficult manoeuvres needed to change?? I have a router and of course my present up and running PlusNet account. Many thanks Christina Crichton Please let me know. Many thanks. Christina Crichton
Crimson
Grafter
Can I upgrade to the BBYW £9.99 option 1 and Telephone anytime £15 with the free router etc now or do I have to wait till November when my current PlusNet package expires? If I can change now - are there any penalties, please? Thank you Christina Crichton
Be3G
Grafter
I've just twigged something: with the new pricing structure for BBYW 1, customers with 6 or 7GB inclusive usage have seen their monthly bills go up - were such customers informed of that sneaky little move?
martyn1
Not applicable
@Be3g - Yes, the few customers in this situation were sent an email that explained the changes.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Christina, I've taken a look at your account and from what I can tell all your questions have been answered and the account change initiated. Do let us know if you need anything else clarifying though. Rgds, Bob
Paul8
Not applicable
I have my phone £15 a month + 4 extra options and basic 2GB a month,I have paid for an exrta 1GB and its almost used that extra 1GB,my question is it cheaper to buy an extra 1GB at a time or to upgrade to the next package. I have moved from Tiscali and Plusnrt is great and cheaper and I dont mind tying into a 12 month package if you can help. Cheers Paul
Paul8
Not applicable
No problem, if you are almost out of usage, it is ccheaper apparently. My email name is unusual but having spent over 10 years working abroad and 5 of those I was called by my friends in very unhappy times, he was a very famous teacher and he was Serbian, it is pronounced "cheecha gleesha", you can imagine how thick brits who dont understand Serbo-Croat try and fail to get it right. Paul
G__Hunt
Not applicable
I have just received your current newsletter and refer to item 2. Can I downgrade to BBYW option 1 from my option of 8Mb at £14.99 - discount as I see I have never used more than 2GB a month since being with you. Would there be any disadvantage in my doing this? G W H
Audrey_Herbert
Not applicable
I want to change from BT. because they are charging me £4.50 to process my payments. This is ridiculous. No-one else charges me for paying them. In fact my credit card company gives me cashback every time I use it, plus added bonus points to spend instore. I know BT want me to go Direct Debit, but I don't trust them. They have a very poor track record on DD. I only need them for a landline. I make very few phone calls, around five or six a month. I am at the moment on your 8mb. and I am very satisfied with your service, this is £14.99 a month, by DD. Will your package be okay for me?