cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet increases broadband capacity

ERX-1440We are pleased to announce that we have activated another 155Mbps segment of central bandwidth. Customers connecting to this new segment will access the Internet through the gateway known as pcl-ag01. We've activated this extra capacity in line with the current budget and our projected growth in customer numbers. When new capacity is added to the network, it takes time for the network to balance and for a representative proportion of the customer base to connect to the new segment. In order to speed up this process we might need to briefly disconnect some broadband customers from the Internet. If we decide to do this then we'll announce further details as a planned maintenance notice nearer the time.

0 Thanks
12 Comments
12 Comments
ACP
Not applicable
Can you let me know whether Plusnet has a separate network from BT or is the capacity shared with BT customers too?
James1
Not applicable
Hi ACP. We have our own separate bandwidth capacity (what Bob refers to above is an addition to this). Our bandwidth is not shared with BT or any other ISP. James
mal0z
Grafter
Does it help the rebalancing process if we close down and restart our router ?
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@mal0z, that depends on whether or not you connect to the new segment. We normally put extra RADIUS entries on new segments to increase the likelihood of this but it's still not guaranteed.
Is the network still running at amber status?
rsdean
I assume 'ag01' is a typo as that pipe is fully lit; did you mean you've lit a second segment on ag04?
jnelson
Grafter
@axisofevil, our network status reverted back to green on the 24th. Further details can be viewed on the service status page via this link http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=broadbandnetwo
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@Dean, no it wasn't a typo. The 622Mbps central this segment is part of does not have its own dedicated gateway. The next segment we light from it may well be on a gateway other that pcl-ag01.
Stellenbosch
Oh good, that is good news. And yet my broadband fails every two months. It failed two days ago, I've gone through the process and nothing. 24 hours has gone by without any communication. I've asked for the name of a senior manager, but as usual no response. I've now asked for a MAC code because I cannot stand Plusnet and it's rubbish service. So Mr Pullen well done, but remember, businesses fail when they lose their customer base. They can build as many towers as they like, but if the foundations start to crumble, watch out.
James1
Not applicable
Hi David, I've just been having a look at your connection and the fault that you have raised. I can see that it is dropping frequently, which is often a sign of a hardware, wiring or line fault. I'll give you a call shortly to discuss and hopefully we'll be able to identify what might be causing the problem, otherwise we'll be more than happy to raise your fault with BT. Regards, James Bailey
Will3
Not applicable
I am with Plusnet since December 2007 and was supplied with a free Voyager 210 ADSL Router. I have just purchased a Bt Hub 2 Wireless Router from the BT shop, and I'm wondering if it will work with my Plusnet Broadband connection.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Will, AFAIK the Home Hubs are locked to the BT network. It was possible to re-flash the firmware on the older models but not sure if the same applies to version 2.0. Might be worth asking somewhere like here - http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/f21.html?