cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Appoints Andy Baker as New CEO

Andy BakerPlusnet has today announced the appointment of Andy Baker as its new CEO. Andy will be based at the company’s Sheffield headquarters and will now take full responsibility for the commercial, operations and service performance. Joining Plusnet from BT, Andy has for the last two years been the CEO for BT Wi-fi, managing five million hotspots in the UK, with locations ranging from residential properties through to significant, corporate sites such as Starbucks, Hilton Hotels and Barclays Bank. Prior to this, Andy was the Commercial Director for TV and Gaming at BT having previously worked across a range of businesses including: Dixons Stores Group; a Virgin start-up company; The Post Office and the house builder, George Wimpey. Andy Baker said of his arrival,

“Plusnet offers me a hugely exciting task in a very challenging market place. The company has been going from strength to strength in recent years and I am looking forward to growing its reputation even further.”

Andy, aged 41, takes over from Jamie Ford, who after three and a half years in charge, successfully steered Plusnet through an enormous period of growth. Under Jamie’s leadership, Plusnet has quadrupled its workforce, become a multi-site operation and gained five consecutive Which? recommendations for products and services. In the last year Plusnet has also grown its market share by 17.4%. Jamie leaves to join BT Business as Managing Director of IT Services. Jamie Ford said of his departure:

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Plusnet and am proud of the achievements the company has made during my time here. Andy has an excellent reputation within the industry and a proven track record of taking very complex telecoms technology and creating and delivering these into simple solutions that customers really want. He is a huge asset to Plusnet and I wish him every success.”

0 Thanks
60 Comments
60 Comments
karen_cherry
Not applicable
I find plusnet appalling im being charged double for a service i didnt ask for the customer service is a disgrace ive been waiting 2 month nearly for a response
Eric_Golding
Not applicable
Andy The standard of service has dropped to alarming low levels. You have good customer service people who are being starved of good support from management and customers are more and more frustrated. I have already advised Which of the drastic changes. Waiting times for customer serviuce over the last week have been as high as over 30 minutes and today 21 minutes.
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi Karen, really sorry to hear that - if you could drop a post in to our community forums (linked at the top of the page) or raise a ticket to us at http://contactus.plus.net and let us know the ticket ID we'll be happy to take a look and get things sorted for you.
ALISON1
Not applicable
Lets hope Andy Baker can improve the customer services at PlusNet. Disgusting waiting in a queue for 1 hour and 40 mins. The staff say sorry but they do not mean it. I suggest Andy Baker spend some time and read the reviews on the website from Plus Net Customers. My contract up for renewal. The Customer Service Advisers tell me they have not got the staff to answer the phone. Not my problem and I do not care.
Hokutenyu
Not applicable
The outrage is that Which UK? continue to mislead us members, and sucker public, by giving Plusnet Good Service Awards when clearly, with but a glance at these forums, they would know Plusnet have complete contempt for the customer and utterly appalling to zero service. The only solution is for others to support me in banging away at Which? and ISPA to demand that they reconsider their awards and question who is responsible for granting them, and why!!
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi, appreciate your depth of feeling there and sorry for whatever we've done to earn that. However please bear in mind that of course the majority of posts on forums are going to be negative - I hope you were able to read a few threads past the first post and make sure that our efforts to resolve these issues in public are acceptable?
Elizabeth1
Not applicable
Have just read the above comments and it makes me feel better that I'm not the only customer tearing their hair out in frustration. I had to ring support 3 times in one day last week trying to report my faulty phone line.Finally got through to first advisor who had to phone me back on my mobile. I was then cut off when they put me on hold and they never bothered to call me back. The exact same thing happened when I rang again. After third time of queue sitting I finally got a useful adviser. However, 5 days later my phone line is still faulty. Have phoned twice today and both times advisers have hung up on me because they are saying they can't hear me! Brilliant!! How on earth can you make contact with Plusnet support, they just don't want to know. Shameful customer service.
Elizabeth1
Not applicable
Ha ha ha - a human? Really?Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Hi Elizabeth, I'm really sorry to hear about that and apologies for the delayed reply to your comments. I've just tested your line and can't see any obvious problems. Please feel free to send me a private message or reply back if there's any further issues and I'll look into that for you. Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Hi there, Please see my reply to your previous comment. Adam