cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money Saving Expert recommends Plusnet on Radio 2

radio2_200Phone lines to Plusnet's sales team suddenly got busier this afternoon when Martin Lewis made an appearance on BBC Radio 2's Jeremy Vine show. The 'Money Saving Expert' explained how, if you're paying £10 a month for your broadband with another provider, you could save over £50 a year by moving to Plusnet. You can listen to the show in iPlayer. Scroll along to 1.14.57 to hear the recommendation of Plusnet that set the phones on fire today. If you want to find out how moving to Plusnet can save you money on your broadband, take a look at www.plus.net or call us on 0845 140 0200.

0 Thanks
8 Comments
8 Comments
anthonytravis
Dabbler
I read this and couldn't stop laughing. I pay £24 a month for a premium account with Plusnet, and have doen for about 5 years. Not much of a saving there, but you generally get what you pay for. Except in this case. I have had a recurring speed fault for over a year. It's been more or less constant since November (with my "8mb" connection dropping as low as 170 Kbps for prolonged periods) and nobody at Plusnet seems to be care. Well, I guess they've got my money and, as I keep giving it to them every month in the hope they'll deliver the service I pay for, why should they. I am now so browned off I'm even considering going to Virgin!!! Does Martin Lewis have shares in Plusnet?
Peter_Tanner
Not applicable
I just listened to Martin Lewis and he got his sums wrong - the £6/month offer is only for 3 months then it climbs to £12/month so the saving on the £10 broadband referred to is not valid as over twelve months the package is nearly £6 more ie £10 broadband x 12 = £120 Plusnet 3months at £5.99 + 9 months at £11.99 = £125.88 The only way to save is to go through a cashback website detailed on moneysavingexpert.com
Kate_Cryan
Not applicable
My migration from Waitrose is proving to be a nightmare - I very much regret moving to Plusnet; but, it's early days, and I hope they prove me wrong
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi Kate, It looks like the broadband service has moved across but we're awaiting the phone transfer to complete - this is due for the 26th Jan. Sorry for the delay.
Teds31
Grafter
got to stick up for PN here I get BB for £5.99 /month,and thats all the time,it depends on which exchange you are with. Ted.
Andrew_B
Grafter
Hi Peter, Sorry I didn't see this and respond sooner. As Teds31 says, the price you'll pay will vary, depending on the area you live in. Read more about this in our Low Cost Areas guide: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/faqs_and_guides/low_cost_areas.shtml
I'm happy with my £5.99 per month, which I've had for over a year.
rajjo
Not applicable
Im really happy with my BB service from Plusnet so far,the cost factor was key to my low budget. Im glad I finally got out of the nightmare and the crap service Tiscali provided, Im now spreading the good word and hope more people join up with Plusnet in 2010.