Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jane’s Appeal End To End Challenge - Day 3

Saturday 12th July, Bettyhill to Bonarbridge

56 miles

Last night we ate in Bettyhill, one of the most northern parts of Scotland. Dinner was fantastic because whatever food you ordered, something else arrived. The two polish waiters struggled to understand anything we said, but when it did arrive it was quality.

Today’s ride started in mist and rain but we soon headed out into beautiful woodland scenery along the banks of the River Nevan. It was a beautiful morning ride but I was soon tailed off after changing batteries in my GPS. The ride took us up towards Craskin where we stopped for lunch of four plates of sandwiches. It was a beautiful stop, the highlight of which was Graeme asking Harry Gration if he was setting a new fashion in wearing bicycle gloves because for two days he’d been wearing them the wrong way round (padded side out).

After lunch we dropped down into the town of Lairg. Harry set off at a fair pace buoyed by his lunch, but was soon overtaken by Becca who averaged 20 miles an hour for the first hour after lunch. Because we'd had a tail wind all day we decided to add an extra 10 miles to the day’s stage and have finished in Bonarbridge.

I am pleased to say we have already collected more cash on the road than in the 10 weeks we spent in America (£60).

Tonight I have been sent a photo of Steven with a pint in his hand saying “Cheers dad, I hope your arse is ok!” and I feel homesick. The sender ( thank you Darren) who was due to join us on the ride is having second thoughts after seeing Harry Gration on the telly last night.

To donate to the Jane’s Appeal End to End Challenge please visit: http://www.justgiving.com/janesappealend2endcyclingchallenge

Mike.

A few snaps from Day 3:

0 Thanks
0 Comments
This widget could not be displayed.