cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Festive blog #24 - Hogmanay!

Like me I'm sure that there are some of you who have yet to decide what you are doing on New Years Eve. Unlike me, there might even be some of you with a few pennies spare. If that's the case then why not go and enjoy 'the world's best New Year Celebrations'? There is absolutely loads going on up in Edinburgh for Hogmanay 08 from concerts, comedy clubs and street parties to a 20,000 person torchlight procession through the streets! If you're lucky you might even see X-Factor winner Leon - fingers crossed for that one! Festive blog archive.

0 Thanks
3 Comments
3 Comments
MikeWhitehead1
Not applicable
I'm not a big fan of the 'burgh party - it tends to get called off because of weather Sad It's not so much a hassle for me because I live close-ish, but it must be hell for those that travel from all over the world to be told on the day that it's cancelled! I think I'll be spending my Hogmanay in a nice warm house party Tongue
Colin
Grafter
It doesn't get cancelled that often though Smiley
brianex121
Grafter
I was born in Edinr and lived there for 30+ years. Before this organised stuff, we used to traipse up the Mound to the Tron kirk, for 'the bells' at midnight. Used to be great and informal, foreign visitors and us locals mixing and enjoying the atmosphere There was very little trouble and the idea was to "see in" the new year then set off first footing. Aaahh, nostalgia....