cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Billing Team

Failed Billing Team

Failed Billing Team

Missed a payment this month? Forgot to update your new Card details? Or simply oblivious to the fact that the bank has messed up again? We've all been there! Here at PlusNet we have implemented a new scheme whereby any missed payments on your account can be resolved quickly and easily in one simple phone call. Our new approach is more friendly, reliable and personable, providing a greater level of communication between ourselves and our customers. The day following a failed payment our team are striving to contact the customer to establish the problem and offer a suitable solution, thereby preventing any unnecessary disruptions to your service. One of the most prominent issues to emerge from our new process is that around 25% of missed payments are due to expired Credit Card payment details. An easy way around this is to create a Direct Debit, a more convenient method of payment, thus negating the need to update. Establishing communication with the customer within such a short space of time has allowed us to meet the needs of the customer more effectively through discussion of new product packages on offer, rectifying any faults and providing solutions to any grievances.

0 Thanks
12 Comments
12 Comments
chazon1
Not applicable
Having fallen foul of just such a problem previously and had my service disabled this is a great step forward Regards Chazon
Stew
Why not make use of Visa Account Updater? (And the Mastercard equivalent). Visa® Account Updater (VAU) enables the exchange of updated account information electronically among card issuers, merchants (ie Plus.Net) that process Visa transactions using account information they keep on file. These Merchants include recurring bill payment providers, subscription services, Internet "one-click" Merchants, and preferred customer programs such as travel and entertainment "gold clubs." Thus when I report a card as stolen and am issued a new card, with a new number, Plus.Net are informed and my next payment just works.
netherfield
Dabbler
This sounds all very well, until it's Plusnet who have made a cockup. I have just received an email saying my payment could not be collected and if other arrangements are not made my account will be stopped. I have contacted my bank who have not had a request for payment from plusnet, and would not have any problems with such because this is a regular monthly payment. So I then made a call to plusnet who have a recorded message stating " there have been problems collecting payments and would customers pay on the website to avoid having to wait for an adviser". As a loyal customer I feel a little aggrieved at the treatment when it is no fault of mine or my bank.
Liam
Grafter
I apologise for the inconvenience that this caused you. It was our automated systems who sent the email out to you. As it happens, nobody affected would have had their service affected by our system problem as we have changed the process (as mentioned above).
The_Outlander
The same thing happened to me today. I received two email from PN saying they had tried to take DD payments on the 5th August and 4th September (not a typo), both of which had failed, and that my outgoing calls would be stopped. When I logged on to the PN web site all I got was the "Payment Outstanding" page so I couldn't raise a support call or see what notices PN had issued. After waiting on the phone for 15 minutes I was told "oh, it's a problem with our billing system".
gweltek1
Not applicable
Due to a "Security Alert" Mastercard revoked what must be ten's of thousands of cards. The first I was aware of this was when I received a sign on the screen that unles payment was made within 3 days life on the net as I know it would cease ! What a friendly message from the people whose wages Ihelp to pay everymonth. I have never rudely handled by an automated system before. Water, Gas, Electricity, memberships...nothing. Who at PlusNet accounts department feels the need to adopt such an unfriendly attitude to the customers ? A serious rethink on the companies PR in this area is long overdue.
Gertrude_Gorill
Not applicable
It is surely a simple matter of storing the expiry date of the given card (even if only part of the number is stored alongside it) and using a simple date calculation. Then sending customers an- e-mail a month and then a week before the expiry date reminding them to check the card details they have registered with yourselves for the ongoing service payments...... Thus the card need never expire and the payment may never bounce......
briston
Aspiring Pro
For 2 months running my account was suspended as PlusNet recorded that my payment could not be collected. All i did was go on the site and hit the button which said 'Use my current details'. PlusNet had no other details other than my 'current details' I can only conclude that the outomated system screwed up. . Payment was collected was collect as soon as I did the process. My bank confirms that they refused a payment but blames PlusNet for not supplying the correct details. On both occasions my card was current. Can I get any other details from PlusNet or my bank? No!!!!
Stew
Gertrude - As noted above if Plus.Net were to start to use Visa Account Updater then your suggestion (though sensible) becomes redundant. And there is an equivalent Mastercard product, Stops all these hassles, and hence is better for Plus.Net and their customers.
prichardson1
Not applicable
Gertrude - We already do this. Infact, we used to do this at least twice if I remember correctly and right now, I know for a fact we do it at least once. It is however proven that many customers ignore such email or don't even monitor for them. Stew - Is your card a Mastercard? If I remember Correctly we had a problem with GE card wereby we were submitting correct data, but information did not make it to the bank in the same way. We came unstuck when our card processors tried to investigate and the banks declined to assist due to data protection. This problem is due to be or already has now been resolved.
Diane1
Not applicable
I had a failed payment message..... incorrectly! How do I reply and get confirmation that you HAVE had the payment?
prichardson1
Not applicable
Diane. You can raise a ticket at http://help.plus.net/ - Not to worry though, I have checked and can confirm that the payment for your account has been received.