cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Day: December 16th

Isn't it strange, how something you've been doing for the last year or more (organising the End of Day) can suddenly go out the window when you're busy? I've been helping James a lot today, and being introduced to the world of 'git' so haven't really been at my desk, which meant the end of the day came around rather quicker than I imagined! Commsy Chris is up first today...

Hmm, it seems to have come down to me to write the Comms EOD today as everyone else has left the building, the fiends. I've been preparing some internal documentation and pulling together the results of our customer satisfaction survey. Bob's been knee-deep in IronPort related malarky. Matt's been finalising the newsletter and helping out on reception. Mand's been WFH so that probably means she's been working on problems and processes. James wasn't here as he's ill. On the first day of Commsmas the Comms Team gave to me A big hot mug of tea. On the second day of Commsmas the Comms Team gave to Bob, two tins of spam. On the third day of Commsmas the Comms Team gave to Chris, three days off. On the fourth day of Commsmas the Comms Team gave to us, four "Comms is teh r0×0rz" mugs. On the fifth day of Commsmas the Comms Team gave to you, 5 Comms peeps.

Let's just hope none of them treat us to a rendition of that at some point... Catherine from QA is next:

5....4.....3....2...1..frozen! No, the aircon isn't on the blink again, that was the countdown to the code freeze (there's a picture, look!. We had a timer and everything 🙂 ) which will last until January 8th. That means that nothing but P1 problems will be rolling live from now until then, which will, with luck, keep everything ticking over while we're off enjoying our holidays. This is also good news for the kind/unfortunate souls who are on-call over Christmas. So, as you may imagine, we've been pretty busy today trying to roll out as much as we can before this deadline, so it's been problems for most of the team. The rest of us have been working on some ongoing projects with our Indian chumms and nomming foam bananas and white chocolate mice. Have a good evening 🙂

Yup, that pesky code freeze has meant we've been battling away trying to get some stuff out... funny how everything I wanted to roll hasn't gone, but the stuff I was doing for others has! Colin

0 Thanks
0 Comments