cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clocks go back, extra overnight unlimited usage!

800px-Clock_in_Kings_CrossOn Sunday morning at 2am British Summer Time ends and clocks go back to 1am. You may know that we offer unlimited overnight usage from midnight to 8am. The clocks going back means that on Sunday all our customers will receive an extra hour of free off peak unlimited usage. However, be careful on Sunday evening that your computer's clock has changed correctly and that any scheduled downloads start at midnight and not 11pm! To illustrate this, on an 8Mbits/s line you could download over 2 GBytes in an hour, quite possibly pushing you over our free usage limits. Our fibre trialists on FTTC and FTTP need to be especially careful as on an FTTC line at 40MBits/s you could download 18GBytes in an hour and on an FTTP line at 100MBits/s you could download 45GBytes in an hour. This would likely impact your peak usage considerably! So... remember to put your clocks back!

0 Thanks
9 Comments
9 Comments
avatastic
Grafter
Its not extra overnight usage though is it? It's simply returning the overnight usage that was stolen when the clocks went forwards in the first place!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
HI darkskye, You have a valid point there, although I think the main point of the post was to make sure people don't overuse if the clocks aren't set. In saying that, any customers who have joined since march won't have lost the hour.....yet ;) Jojo Smiley
BenTaylor
Not applicable
Why cant you guys do an unlimited service... i get 4.95mb/s downloads and i love it.
msponce
Not applicable
what@s an extra hour of broadband compare to 2days a week vesy slow download and upload speed? it's nothing.coz every week i got 2 days at least when my bradband got a speed of only 125kbps.which means it took you 4hrs watching a normal 1.5 hours program.anyone got same problem?
Duncan4
Not applicable
45 GBytes in an hour... 😐
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@mspoce, have you spoken to our support team about your problems?
msponce
Not applicable
I have spoken to the support team, i even change the router that they gave me...they are seem very slow to solve my download speed...until now i've got a download speed of 102kbps.it's nearly two weeks now...still got same problem...don't know if they are trying to do something about it.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
HI msponce, If you could reference a ticket number or message me your username I can look into it for you. Jojo Smiley
qdos747
@BenTaylor they *did* do an unlimited service until they realised their network was too weak to handle it so they de-listed that product. If want unlimited, get cable (they have their own speed problems but none of this on peak off peak garbage on adsl). Just how Plusnet are proud to banter their FTTC services when if you actually want to *use* the speed you are metered on usage... oh dear.