cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes at the top

Changes at the top

Changes at the top

Anthony VollmerIt's with some sadness that we have to report that Neil Laycock, our CEO has decided to hang up his Plusnet boots and, at the risk of mixing too many metaphors, pass on the baton to his successor.  Neil has decided that, solely for personal reasons, he'd like to move on, having done a sterling job here overseeing the business through the past two years. Whilst it's always sad to say goodbye to a friend, and a good friend he has been to us all here at Plusnet, it's also exciting to look to the future and know that we're in good hands.  I'm pleased to be able to tell you that Anthony Vollmer (pictured), currently General Manager of Voice Propositions in BT Retail's consumer division, will take over the helm, as the new CEO of PlusNet from Monday, 17 November 2008. Neil will stick around until the end of December to make sure that it’s a smooth transition and I’m sure that he’ll pop in here before he goes to give a personal farewell. There are some changes too at the very top, with John Petter, Managing Director of BT Retail's Consumer Division, becoming Plusnet's Chairman and current Chairman Jon Hurry stepping down but remaining on the Board of Directors. I think that today's announcement demonstrates once more our parent company's enthusiasm about Plusnet and, together with my colleagues here, I'm looking forward to working with Anthony to continue to provide you with the very best Internet services and customer service.  

0 Thanks
21 Comments
21 Comments
asbo_dog
Not applicable
just hope that the bt retail guys leave there current knowledge of what customer service is with bt retail and learn the PN way of CS.:~)
I trust that the replacement of Plusnet's CEO by the MD of BT Retail will not affect the official Plusnet policy with regard to the commercially disastrous use of "Webwise" (Phorm spyware).
greyposter1
Not applicable
Ex BT,saw that coming.
gswindale1
Not applicable
Just as long as the appointment of 2 BT employees rather than PN employees does not signal a shift in focus, I'm not too worried. I just have my concerns that we will see PN slowly transform into what BT Broadband currently is - an ISP for the less IT savvy.
dan15
Not applicable
Having worked with Neil for nearly 5 years, I'm fighting two extreme emotions: I'm most definitely sad that he's going, his support and drive have been a motivation to every one- not least me. But I'm also pleased for Neil as he now has a new challenge, and I know how he thrives on a challenge - there's certainly been a few of them over the last 5 years! Good luck, Neil!
Moggy1
Not applicable
I'm sorry to hear this, I can see this being the slippery slope. A BT CEO, I hope he has the BT chip removed. Is he frightened to come on his own then?
Kelly
Hero
Moggy > He doesn't start till the 17th, so give him a chance Smiley p.s. Neil Laycock used to work at BT too...
asbo_dog
Not applicable
opps should of seen what was going to follow after my post. of cause let them get to the desk b4 we dish them. just wanted to remind that we PN customers dont settle for second best broadband and cs
MickKi
Grafter
Can you please let Mr Vollmer know that the reason we are paying PN our money is that it is *not* behaving like BT? That includes both the CSC and its policy on the Phorm scam. If he seems keen to make his mark please ask him to support the above two PN positions and sort out the seriously disruptive throttling problems that some of us are suffering. Welcome to PN. 🙂
thesign1
Not applicable
Why is everyone up-tight about the new CEO being ex-BT? It's a good thing, we are getting someone experienced... besides, I doubt it will take long for the Plusnet crew to turn him into a Plusnet CEO, I'll give them until the Christmas party. :P Congratulations to Mr Vollmer, it's now up to you to guide and continue Plusnet to the top, I wish you luck Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
At least he will see why PN are leaders for Customer Service with such an open, outspoken, active, critical but fiercely loyal customer base. Welcome on board Mr Vollmer.
It was announced yesterday that BT have 10,000 staff to put on the scrap heap.
techguy1
Not applicable
I second axisofevils' concern about webstalker sorry webwise. If this gets implmented, safeguard or no, I'm off!
Me too.
Heloman
Grafter
I'm sure we're all concerned about Phorm. But the regularly re-occurring scares (which is all they are) about it are getting boring. Let's give the guy a chance. Its hardly a surprise that the new chap is from BT!!
Anon2
Not applicable
this explains why i went for an interview for sky talk and was rejected.the feedback they gave was because of my honesty in the complications that i felt had happened between bt and virgin partially due to BT. Politics is absolutely diabolical especially when brown nosing is now the only way to get forward.
Barry2
Not applicable
As a long established subscriber, I trust Madasafish to appoint the right people, just as I trust their expertise in all other respects. I also appreciate this family forum, where user comments are welcome.
john20
Not applicable
i left bt as their service so bad, they increased prices by 2000% for evening and weekend calls, entered me into a contract which i did not agree to (eventually got the money back despite them refusing to return calls, emails and then credting my bt account - which is non existent as far as i am concerned because i left bt) i hope this guy sees customers as customers and not just awkward numbers like bt
Bert1
Not applicable
I left BT because of the appalling way they treated their customers. I can only believe that the change of structure at the will be to our disadvantage and that BT will change the culture at Plusnett.
fedupandangry
four days ago I asked F9 via support ticket to arrange HOSTING ONLY of a web domain. Yes four days later and after several moronic answers to my support questions (oh, did I mention that the first ticket didn't get a response then the second ticket I got a reply within about an hour asking me ONE QUESTION and then after I replied I never heard from the guy again) I still am not online. 13 years I've been with Force9 and this situation and the inadequacy of its support people has convinced me that Force9/plusnet is not for me any more. It's time to fly the coup. They don't deserve the awards or the customers.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@fedupandangry, looks like there was a bit of confusion which probably wasn't helped by the multiple support tickets about the same thing. You were asked if you were using the domain for business purposes because the (relatively new) support agent mistakenly thought you were on a residential product. Sorry about that, I'll have a word with them. When you spoke to us on the morning of the 25th, we should have created the zone records for the domain there and then. I can see you've now cancelled this request but if you do change your mind then let me know. Sorry you feel we have let you down.