cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple tablet slated for iPad Wednesday

No-one yet knows what it’s going to be called*.  A lot of people think they know what it’s going to look like though bit.ly/apple-tablet-mockup. Media interest in tablets / slates / whatever-you-want-to-call-them is running high in the run up to tomorrow’s Apple media event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Fransico. What do you think? Are tablets the future of mobile personal computing? There are plenty of rumours about bookstore tie-ins and there’s several industry pundits already talking about it being a Kindle-killer.  I think there’s a good if not huge potential market (depending on price) for such a device to watch movies and surf the web. Tomorrow we’re pretty sure to see the answer as to why Apple never did want to go down the netbook route. * Interestingly Macrumors.com posted this yesterday "While it's possible Apple may have ultimately decided to go a different direction, the iPad application process remains ongoing with filings as recent as this month, making this seem to be the most likely candidate."

0 Thanks
7 Comments
7 Comments
Foxy1
Not applicable
Knowing Apple and it's cult following (they know how to make an OS and they do it so well!) the islate, ipad whatever, will be a great success - it'll be highly priced but will be the ultimate executive toy. I predict over a million sales within a month
Be3G
Grafter
Speaking for myself, I could imagine the tablet being a great device to have here at home as a computer that anyone just picks up to do something on when they want to. It could be great for surfing the web when on the sofa, using iPlayer in bed, and practically anything else that's doable on the iPhone but is perhaps hindered by the small screen. Of course, netbooks could do all that too, but there's just something very ‘pick-up-and-go’-ish about the iPhone OS that'd make it all more pleasurable than doing the same thing with a netbook OS, I think. Having said that, I don't think I'll be buying one. I'd love one, but I have an iPhone so spending several hundred pounds on a second, bigger iPhone for occasional use really isn't the best use of my money at the moment. If anyone fancies buying me one though…
dan14
Not applicable
I personally can't wait to see it. I'm hoping it will be good enough to replace my media centre in my living room - although I'm not expecting it to have a dvd/blu-ray drive. Don't forget, though, rumours have it that they will also be annoucing details of the next iPhone version as well as something else... maybe... apparently.
I'm not sure what all the fus is about. There are already a lot of tablet PCs about. As for expected names, I'd assume iPad, iTablet or possibly macPod.
dan14
Not applicable
no multi tasking with the ipad is like putting a man's brain into a beautiful woman. what a waste. it means it's too expensive to replace my netbook and too inflexible to replace my media centre. just what were Apple thinking??? Such a wasted opportunity. instead of blowing my mind they have just blown up their ipod. They should rename it to ipod 3GS.
axisofevil1
Not applicable
"'Oooh! It sounds like the name for a panty liner, hee hee' by Tim Dowling"
Juegos_online
Not applicable
Great. I've subscribed to your feed to keep updated