cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Introduction

An Introduction

An Introduction

Hi, I'm Taryn, (more often just known as Taz) and I am one of the Customer Service Analysts here at Plusnet. I've been with Plusnet for three months full time and before that I was a temp in Plusnet. I thought that I'd post here so if you see me answer on the forum or if you ring in and get to speak to me then you'll know a bit about me and I wont just be a name. I was born and bred in Dublin in the Republic of Ireland, I moved to England in May 2005 bimbled about a bit from Maidstone to Bristol and back to Dunstable before coming to the frozen north and settling in Sheffield where I ended up working for Plusnet. So what does a day in the life consists of for me? It starts with the 3 mile walk to work, so that I'm wide awake when I get here followed by a coffee, (large coffee:)!) Then its either on to the phones or jumping into the tickets to get the questions and queries there answered. Later in the day there tends to be meetings and presentations. I am lucky enough to be one of the people that leads the discussions on what we call Cornerstones: its how we do what we do, and why we do it. Have a look: http://www.plus.net/careers/cornerstones/cornerstones_what.shtml Outside work I have to confess I am a bit of a technophobe, odd when you consider where I work! Most of my evenings are spent reading. I'm currently studying for a degree in history with the Open University. Just because I want to which has to be the best reason. I also read lots of fiction, (currently I'm in the middle of the George RR Martin books) I'm a gamer, not one that sits alone at a computer though Tongue I am a LARPer (Live Action Role Playing) Basically I get dressed up in quasimedieval gear and run around fighting people with rubber swords. Best description I've ever heard is Cross Country Pantomime! I am a ref for the Lorien Trust (www.lorientrust.com) one of the big companies in LARP. I also play a lot of board games, had the pleasure of attending Spiel in Essen last year, biggest games fair I've ever been to, that was cool. So there you go thats a teeny bit about me, I look forward to chatting to you all either in the forums or if you ring in. All the best Taz

0 Thanks
0 Comments