Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new router

Purplecat
Hooked

new router

hi

not long ago I signed up for another package and if I'd have known you had the hub 2 available I would have asked for one. so how do I go about this?Huh

thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: new router

Hi @Purplecat

We're generally only sending a Hub Two in the following instances:

• Signing up as a new customer
  • Upgrading your broadband package, for example, standard broadband to fibre, or fibre to fibre extra
  • Discussing with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 at the time of renewing

Having said that, looking Here I can see you're having some issues with your existing router on both a wired and wireless connection. In addition to the troubleshooting steps suggested, it may be worth posting up the Event Log from within your router's settings at 192.168.1.254 as this may help identify the cause for the problem. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@Gandalf 

it has been reported here recently that customers who are renewing their contract with you can order a Hub Two

Is this no longer the case?

Dan

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's where discussing with Customer Options at the time of renewing comes in. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Purplecat
Hooked

Well I'm on fibre extra anyway. does that not mean I should have had a new router sent to me anyway?Huh
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not necessarily, as we're only sending a Hub Two automatically when signing up as a new customer or upgrading. 

I'd recommend having a chat with Customer Options when your contract's up for renewal. 

In the meantime, I'm happy to help you with the issues you're currently having as there's nothing at this stage to suggest that the Hub One is materially the cause for the problem.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet