cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall mounted router needed

Wall mounted router needed

I really hope Plusnet produce a wall mounted router so I can go over to Fibre - the one they sent cannot replace the one I have at present from them which is wall mounted and all the wires come out from the bottom. I have had to cancel upgrading just because of this which is a shame - rewiring would be a nightmare.

11 REPLIES 11
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Wall mounted router needed

Sorry to hear this.

If you'd like still go ahead with your fibre upgrade you'd be free to purchase your own 3rd party router as long as it's a VDSL modem/router. The settings you'll need to set it up can be found here.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet

Thanks for the advise Gandalf but it's an added expense which at the moment I can do without (big dentist bill!). I will stick with what I have and see what the future holds Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Ah fair. No problem.

Fingers crossed our next router is wall-mounted!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Member the PlusNet Hub one is basically a rebadged BT Home Hub 5. There are wall mount kits available from ebay for the HH5 so they should fit the Hub one fine https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-Home-Hub-5-Wall-Bracket-/152400928434

Actually this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plusnet-Wall-Bracket-Plusnet-Wall-Mount-W-Fixings/152659822199?_trkparms=... claims to be for the Hub one but I would guess in reality it's the same as the one above

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Thanks MisterW - I shall look into it. That's really helpful. I've not been on a community site like this before - look what I've been missing! Like to thank everyone for their help.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

No problem. If you happen to have your own 3D printerGrin then you could download a design from here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1157817

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oh now come on - steady on! Grin

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

As the devices are usually pretty light, perhaps you could put the new one into a net bag or something and hang it from the existing wall fixing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another option @Member is to use something like this as it will allow you to remove it with ease.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
chris1610
Grafter
Fixes: 1

After buying a black home hub 5 wall mount from the ebay seller, I thought to ask them if they could do it in white, which they apparently could. They subsequently started advertising for the hub one as well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plusnet-Wall-Bracket-Plusnet-Wall-Mount-W-Fixings/152659822199?hash=item2...

(Sorry, see that is already linked to above. I can confirm it is identical to the home hub 5 one, just white plastic instead of black.)