cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet hub one usb port

nath16

Plusnet hub one usb port

Hi guys,

im wondering if you can attach a memory stick to the usb port on the plusnet hub one and use it as a network storage device to.

Thanks in advance

Nathan Wyatt

9 REPLIES
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Plusnet hub one usb port

Hi,

Yes a memory stick can be attached and seen across the local network. The memory stick may have to be formatted if it's not recognised. 

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
nath16

would i be able to use a 1tb hdd on it

if yes would this one work

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elements-Portable-External-Drive-WDBUZG0010BBK-EESN/dp/B00CRZ2PRM/ref=sr_1_...

Thanks in Advance

Nathan Wyatt

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I cannot see why it shouldn't work. 

NE 

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 26

There are limits to the size of the device you can attach, as the hub is based on the BT HH5, have a look here for more detailed info https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Connecting-external-Hard-Drives-to-Home-Hub-5/td...

Dabbler

OK its an old post but i just noticed the USB port on the router. Stuck in a 300GB external disk and bobs your uncle, shared on network. Now that is handy. BTW i think the hard disk or USB stick needs to be formatted to FAT32 if anyone else has never noticed before. 

Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 35

1888 wrote:

BTW i think the hard disk or USB stick needs to be formatted to FAT32 if anyone else has never noticed before. 

Supported formats are FAT16, FAT32 & NTFS.

I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Dabbler

Good one Browni cheers. I have a mains powered external disk attached to the spare room computer that i was using but obviously i need that computer on to stream through to livingroom. That is formatted to NTFS so later on i shall have a play with this more and set that up. Just need to show the wife how to access it now. Smiley 

paulharsley

How do I access the drive once connected? I see it on the network map on the router admin page but I don't see it on my computer (ubuntu)?
WilliamFTTC

The USB attached device appears at smb://192.168.1.254 on my Ubuntu (with Samba installed).