Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

@Prologica 

It sounds like your router has had some sort of glitch that's resulted in it resetting itself. Obviously if you were a BTcustomer this would reconnect you automatically.

I guess the cause could be anything from a surge on either the supply or DSL incoming cable to an intermittent fault in the hub. All that you can do is see if it happens again, for the few minutes it takes I would do a factory reset and set it up from scratch, but that's just me!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Prologica
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Baldrick,

I’m following your setup instructions but having some issues reconnecting HH6. On factory resetting it eventually shows solid orange but then it won’t connect. I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve got the wrong broadband password? I’m getting confused re whether when I’ve reset my account password, it changes my broadband password? 

Could you please remind me how my broadband password was first notified (email, letter?) so I can check it?

i can’t login to my account online at the moment. It was locked when I asked for call protect to be activated. Oddly I got an email saying voicemail was being deactivated! Then my account said there was a problem and it’s been locked since (my username is prologica if you can help with this!)

My brain is aching now!

thanks

david

Baldrick1

@Prologica 

Your account should certainly not have been locked.

The easiest way forward is to put your user name into your account log in page and select the forgotten password field.

It makes me wonder whether Plusnet has screwed up your account and that this is a factor in losing your Smarthub connection.

Moderator and Customer

Prologica
Rising Star

But if my broadband account was screwed up I wouldn't be able to connect on the Plusnet router either?
Prologica
Rising Star

Success!

Don’t ask me what I did differently apart from updating my password (to the same one my iPad had stored for the broadband) but I finally got reconnected on HH6. I sincerely hope this doesn’t happen frequently!

Thanks for your help. I got a bit confused as to whether you are Plusnet staff or not!

David

pboyde
Grafter

Just one question - when you set up your HH6, did you follow @Baldrick1 instructions to the letter (i.e. not having the dsl cable connected until after setting up the router)?

Baldrick1

@pboyde 

If you don't then you simply cannot save your Plusnet credentials.

Moderator and Customer

Prologica
Rising Star

Thanks. I did forget to unplug the DSL cable initially but I reset again. All sorted now thanks. I think I may have been using the wrong broadband password as I sorted it soon after I reset this. Also my iPad kept switching to other Wi-fi devices in the house (printer etc) which doesn’t help!

Baldrick1

@dvorak wrote:
Mine had been up for 50 days (until I tripped the RCD, oops) so the 14 days doesn't seem to be a thing anymore

Strange, this is mine from 3 days ago. The fact that it was up for 14 days, 14 minutes and 1 second might be coincidence of course.

I believe that we are both using a model 088315 with the latest firmware, SG4B1B0092C4?

14 day reset.jpg

Moderator and Customer

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Yeah, same model and firmware.

Mine has currently been up for 15 Days, 16 Hours 20 Minutes - which is when the firmware updated.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pboyde
Grafter

@Baldrick1 

That's what I was thinking when @Prologica said that the log-in details defaulted back to the BT details.

Benny1

Followed all steps but router was staying orange not going blue.
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 15.13.45.pngSolid Orange means not connected to the internet, But Hub working

Are you using your correct password that you log into the member centre with and using yourusername@plusdsl.net ?

Baldrick1

@Benny1 

Did you leave the DSL cable disconnected until selecting connect?

Have you got a special chatacter in your password? If so try logging into your Plusnet account and changing the password to one using alpha numeric characters only.

Did you use your username followed by @plusdsl.net? Have you checked your username and password are correct by logging into your Plusnet account and checking that it works?

Let us know how you get on. If it still doesn't work then check that the username and password have saved correctly.

Moderator and Customer

Benny1

Cable wasn't connected, there's no special characters, there was no save option so pressed advanced settings but it switched back to bt,so pressed connect and it saved,password was in caps so just copied, any idea?