cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

Highlighted
Rising Star

Re: Using the BT Smarthub 6 on a Plusnet Account

I see that OpenDNS are now part of Cisco! Good luck with trusting them. Their IPs (from their website) show the same network part but some differences in the host part of the address (compared to the ones I used a few years ago). Not as variable as OpenNIC though!  Not sure why you say those servers listed in the post I quoted are now blocked, they seem to be the usual ones in the hub6 setup. If that post is now not to be trusted it should be taken down.

Highlighted
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I replaced my Business Hub 6 with my emergency spare one I had - apart from when the firmware updated, and the router needed a reboot, it has been rock solid with no disconnections.

I'll keep the original bh6 and wait for the next firmware update to see if that sorts out the disconnection issue.  

Highlighted

Hi. I did the same thing with a bt smart hub 6. The WiFi was better than the feeble effort the plusnet hub put out, but it still wasn't good enough to reach all my devices, so I ended up buying a mesh kit, which covers the entire house. All good till the Internet went down yesterday, so I'm leaving plusnet!!