cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 2.4 for smart lights

FIXED
tiggyb

Using 2.4 for smart lights

I recently got a replacement router but cannot get it to switch to 2.4 in order to connect my bulbs (they won't work with the 5Ghz connection). I've searched for advice but only found advice for older systems. From the Hub I cannot see any way to switch over as it looks like this screenshot (see jpg).

Any ideas - at the moment most of my smart bulbs are flashing continuously trying to connect every time I turn them on.

4 REPLIES 4
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Using 2.4 for smart lights

@tiggyb 

Have you tried Advanced Settings - from memory this is where you can change wireless settings.

Brian

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@tiggyb The easiest way (AFAIK) is to split the 2.4 and 5Ghz frequencies - 'how-to' on the router board - and then manually select the correct frequency on the router.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@tiggyb 

Splitting the bands is the answer, see  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840

You can then choose which band to use for each device individually by going in to the device wireless network settings, where you will see both SSIDs. The password is the same for both.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Hello @tiggyb

I've just split the SSID's on your router, you'll now be able to manually decide whether you want your devices connected to either 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Let us know if you're still having problems.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds