cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582n FTTC Firmware update.

NathanGrimson

Technicolor TG582n FTTC Firmware update.

Hey there, I was wondering if there was a repository or area on the forums/website that i can download and install the latest Firmware for my router? 

having a few issues with a Game that just released involving Strict NAT types and the like. They mentioned a firmware update might do the trick as it's been almost 3 years since we got the Router. 

Much appreciated.

29 REPLIES 29
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Technicolor TG582n FTTC Firmware update.

Do you know current version?

A search comes back with the following link

http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/

Hope this helps!! Wink

Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
NathanGrimson

Yeah the current Firmware version on my router is 10.2.5.2.FO. I hope there is a newer version out there as i'm really not wanting to have to try another solution to this. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I believe the router should update itself when there's new updates available. It looks like the "link" between our servers and the router wasn't enabled, so I've just toggled it on now so hopefully an update is pushed down soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davefaulkner
Grafter

Hi, 

I'm in exactly the same position - on version 10.2.5.2. Is it possible to enable the link with your servers for me so that I can get the software/firmware updated, please? Somewhat concerned about this after reading the alerts about Russians controlling domestic routers!

Many thanks.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

As far as I know that's the latest version, and to clarify, updates are not pushed automatically to the Technicolors. Neither do I expect there'll be much more in the way of updates for the device I'm afraid.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

davefaulkner
Grafter

Thanks for letting me know, Bob. In that case, can I obtain a replacement router that can be kept more up to date? (And if so, from PlusNet or do I need to buy independently?) I'm keen to stay as secure as is reasonably possible.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@davefaulkner if you can PM me your username I'll see what we can do for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for your username Dave.

I've ordered a new router for you now, it should arrive within a few days.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davefaulkner
Grafter

Thanks so much, hugely appreciated. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Dave.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cpowell1212
Hooked

Hello, I seem to be in same position.  I have a Technicolor TG582n FTTC with firmware 10.2.5.2 It seems to be giving me some problems but am I right in understanding there isn't a firmware update available for this router?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there @cpowell1212. It's unlikely we'll be pushing anymore firmware updates to the Technicolor routers due to the length of time since we've supplied them.

What problems are you experiencing with the router?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cpowell1212
Hooked

Thanks for the swift response @Gandalf

The main problem is that it seems to be dropping the connection to my NAS drive, and also to the imap server.  I've done quite a lot of investigating of the various potential causes of this but the router is looking the most likely suspect.  So updating the firmware was the obvious next step.  It sounds as though the only option is for me is to replace the router.  Is that right?  If so is there a facility for Plusnet to replace it or do I have to do that for myself?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Is your NAS drive connected over WiFi to your router or using an ethernet cable?

From looking through your account, I'll be happy to send you an updated and combined modem router (the Hub One) free of charge given the length of time you've been with us (Thanks for that Thumbs_Up)

Alternatively if you prefer to buy your own modem and/or router the details here should help you set it up.

Let us know if you would like a new router from us.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet