cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Talk Router HG633 configuration setting for plusnet ( most other talk talk vdsl aswell)

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Talk Talk Router HG633 configuration setting for plusnet ( most other talk talk vdsl aswell)

@KaneWilliams

Unclick the TR069 box as this is causing the router to ask TalkTalk for your username and password!

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
KaneWilliams

Re: Talk Talk Router HG633 configuration setting for plusnet ( most other talk talk vdsl aswell)

Will try that, thanks.

biggles001
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I managed to use my HG635 to access everything but TV,when I migrated from Talktalk,so had to use the BT modem and PN router the next day.Since then I have invested in a TP Link 8890,with great success.

shanclarke1997x

I kmow this was in 2016. Really sorry for bumping the thread, if it isn't allowed then delete my comment. Smiley but I just wanted to say thank you!! My plusnet router isn't even here and my line is already actived, this was a life saver cos I have course work to do. Thank you ❤️
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to our community forums @shanclarke1997x

I'm glad to hear this thread helped you out, and I'm sorry your router hasn't arrived yet.

It looks like this may be due to the formatting of your address on our systems, so I've corrected this now and re-ordered the router to you. Apologies for any inconvenience this had caused. Can you let us know when you receive it please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shanclarke1997x

Ah thank you!! I did contact live chat yesterday to change my address because it wasn't in the correct positions, it was jumbled up so I thought that could be why. they said they couldn't because apparently it shouldnt matter, but my address is complicated. thank you again❤️ I will tell you when I recieve it Smiley
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all. Smiley

If you login to your account details page you should see your address in a different order now.

Due to the way our system works it's not 100% as I'd like to see, so I've manually inputted the address on the next router we'll send to you. Hopefully it reaches you in one piece.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shanclarke1997x

Hello, thought I should let you know the router showed up today. Thank you again ☺️
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for coming back to us @shanclarke1997x

I'm glad to hear that! Sorry for the mix up with the address on your account.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Robin3
Hooked

Can someone please look at the attached for me and show me where I have gone wrong.

Plusnet1 shows it is trying to connect but it then disconnects.Presumably once it is connected the WAN,DNS Server and PPPoE AC-Name are added.

Plusnet2 shows the settings I have changed.

Many thanks  

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Few observations:

• What other options do you have under 'Connection type'?
  • DSL SRA is unsupported at the moment for FTTC on the Openreach network, so that needn't be enabled.
  • VLAN ID is correct, however 802.1p is typically set to '0', not '2'.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Robin3
Hooked

Thank you for your reply.

The other two options under Connection Type are IP routing (IP) and Bridged.

I have followed your advice on the other two points.

Look forward to your advice on the correct Connection Type I should use.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

The connection type you already have selected is correct.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Robin3
Hooked

Thanks. 

It still will not connect with the amended settings.

Is there something I am missing because the OP said a connection was made before any amendments were made to the original set up?

Robin3
Hooked

In the end I decided to use the supplied Plusnet router and I am pleased with the results.

I  changed the hub password and SSID/password with no problem and the wifi range is just as good as the HG633.

It goes to prove you should not believe everything you read!