Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link Archer VR900

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: TP-Link Archer VR900

@nigelmercier

The best place to check would be http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14436.0 which lists all-in-one modem/routers and has links to discussion about each one. The site owner kitz is a Plusnet customer too and extremely knowledgeable about telecomms.

That list is continually updated too.

edit to correct spelling

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Rosetavern

I believe that the TP-LINK Archer VR900 is a VDSL2 modem router whereas the Asus unit is a router only so the comparison is not reasonable?

Rosetavern

is it the Archer or the asus with which you notice a failure to reconnect?

..by the way, I offered the Open Reach engineer lots of beer during the install and he laid a brand new cable to the exchange & in 2 years I have never had a single fibre outage 🙂

..they call me smart [-Censored-]

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

This thread is a couple of years old, are you drunk?
azureskies
Hooked

You Sir, are a star. I've just bought on of these to replace my increasingly faulty Technicolor 528. However, I followed the pictures in the quick start guide and plugged the BT modem into LAN4. Failed to connect.
However having found your post saying do away with the BT modem and connect the phone line to the DSL port, and BINGO! Connected almost immediately.

Thanks again,
Tony...
azureskies
Hooked

You Sir, are a star. I've just bought on of these to replace my increasingly faulty Technicolor 528. However, I followed the pictures in the quick start guide and plugged the BT modem into LAN4. Failed to connect.
However having found your post saying do away with the BT modem and connect the phone line to the DSL port, and BINGO! Connected almost immediately.

Thanks again,
Tony...