cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not working. No wifi.

Whatman

Router not working. No wifi.

We have had our router for about 1 month. The internet has been very slow.
Occasionally it cuts out, but for the last day or two it regularly flashes and then goes orange and now it shows a red broadband logo too.

So far, I am not very impressed by my wifi. I live in zone 2 London and previously never had any problems on this street.
5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Router not working. No wifi.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Whatman Welcome to the forums. It is not your 'Wi-Fi' that is at fault here, rather your internet connection. The below may not help - given your description of the fault, but it is worth a try.

1. Factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in to the reset hole and hold the switch closed for about 30 seconds.
2. Leave it 10 minutes or so and see if that fixes it,

If that doesn’t work:

3. Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.
4. On the broadband page (I think, you may need to look through the pages to find it, depending on which hub you have) you should find the username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it hasn’t configured itself.
5. Remove the DSL cable.
6. Change the username to your account username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net.
7. Enter your account password.
8. Plug the DSL cable back in.
9. If it doesn’t try to connect select Connect (again you may need to look through he pages to find it)

John
Whatman

Thanks. Tbh the wifi is slow when connected. So I’m not impressed. With both connection and wifi Smiley
Whatman

I’ll try these. Nice one
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Have you tried the suggestions - if so, any improvement?

Wi-Fi performance is entirely premises-related, although there are ways to make it 'as good as possible'.

John