Did you mean: 

Problem with broadband signal

FIXED
Michaelw89
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Problem with broadband signal

Hi,
Has anybody had problems with their broadband connection over the last 10-12 hours?
My hub device is connected with the blue light displayed, but currently I'm 'not connected to the internet' according to one of the devices I use. This is the same messaging I receive when using other devices. I have turned the hub off and on again, but so far no success.
I'm currently using the data of my mobile phone device to access the internet. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Many thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Problem with broadband signal

Which device is displaying this message? Are other devices still showing as connected, and working?

John
Michaelw89
Hooked

Hi John,
The connection status on my Amazon Fire TV device is displaying 'Connected to Wi-Fi'; 'Not connected to the internet'. All my other devices are displaying a similar message (2 mobile phones; 2 laptop computers; tablet device; smart speaker device)
jab1
Legend

Can you post the Help Desk from your hub please - picture below will show you where it is:

HubOneTroubleshootingHelpDesk.png

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Michaelw89

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your connection.

I can see your router was trying to connect using the wrong password but that seemed to have been resolved when you rang us not long ago although your broadband's since not been connected to the internet again.

Line tests are showing your router's not turned on, can you confirm it is?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

Be good if I knew the OP was using alternative avenues.

John
Michaelw89
Hooked

Fix

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for your reply. 

I can confirm the reason for me being unable to connect to the internet was because I was trying to connect using the wrong password. As I going the process of re-establishing a new password, an error message informed me that as the system made more than 100 attempts it was not able to proceed, therefore I turned off the power to the hub for approx.. 1 hour. The advisor rang back and was able to continue re-connecting me to the internet by creating a new password. This was successful and I am now able to access the internet.

Many thanks,

michaelw89

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @Michaelw89

I'm glad to see the adviser helped get your broadband sorted for you Smiley

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet