cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub 2 - static device issue

JC4
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet Hub 2 - static device issue

Hold fire, the miniserver was on 1.77 in the Plusnet when I first plugged it up, and I could login, via the Plusnet hub and my laptop.

You maybe right, it only failed when it was set to a static 1.55 outside the dhcp scope! Defo one to prove. Cheers all. I’ll update post once proven. Just in case uPNP sorts it first.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Set it back to dhcp , then set the Hub 2 to fix its ip ( always use same ip ). That way its effectively static but the Hub 2 has assigned it .

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@MisterW 

Thinking about it now, that is what I had to do when setting up my Netgear ReadyNAS server with a fixed IP address.

Fixing it on the ReadyNAS meant that I couldn't connect to it, so as you say, set the device to DHCP and let the router find it - then fix the IP address.

I never did find out why it didn't work, it doesn't seem to be solely a Netgear problem then so would be interested if anyone can explain why it happens like that.