Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub One won't turn on/work

FIXED
kkaren
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

New Hub One won't turn on/work

So tomorrow was our switch over day to fibre and sadly we are still without any connection. I received confirmation of the switch over vis email however upon trying to connect our new Hub ONE router, we are unable to access the internet. This time the hub won't even turn on/there is no blue light when turned 'on'. I have tried plugging it in numerous times and have made sure all the leads are in the correct places (and that I have pressed the on switch) however nothing has happened...is my router faulty? Please help!

Many thanks
Karen
14 REPLIES 14
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: New Hub One won't turn on/work

@kkaren wrote:
So tomorrow was our switch over day to fibre and sadly we are still without any connection. 

Did you mean yesterday?

I received confirmation of the switch over vis email however upon trying to connect our new Hub ONE router, we are unable to access the internet. This time the hub won't even turn on/there is no blue light when turned 'on'. 

When you say it won't turn on what do you mean? Are there any lights coming on? If so what colour?

Have you tried a factory reset on the router by pushing a paperclip or similar into the reset hole and keeping the switch closed for at least 20 seconds?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kkaren
Dabbler

My apologies, I meant to say yesterday.

When 'turned on' there are no lights whatsoever. I will try the paper clip reset tomorrow and see if it works.

Thanks

Karen

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Karen, 

How did you get on with the factory reset?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kkaren
Dabbler

No setting factory settings does not work , also tried another microfilter, and plugged in to computer waited longer than 5 minutes still no light on router and no internet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Do you have any other routers you could use? The BT HH5 is the same as the PN one, so just needs the username and password put into it.

kkaren
Dabbler

No good with factory settings reset. Tried another microfilter, used Ethernet cable. Used old router. Nothing works. The system worked slowly but ok until we upgraded to fibre and had new router. What next?
Baldrick1

If there's no lights on at all then either there's no power getting to the router or the router (or its power supply) is dead. Can you plug another appliance into the socket that's currently powering the router to make sure that the socket has power getting to it?

If that's OK then go back to Plusnet and ask for another router.

Moderator and Customer

kkaren
Dabbler

Thank you. The socket is definitely fine and works with other appliances. How do I go about contacting plusnet for a new router to be sent?
Baldrick1

If you're lucky this post will be picked up by a Plusnet staffer. Alternatively:

Either ring on 0800 432 0200 and be prepared for a wait or use live chat https://www.plus.net/help/chat/.

Just one afterthought, is the power supply the two part type where you slide the plug pins onto the body? If so is it fully clipped together?

Moderator and Customer

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @kkaren 

I have just checked your account and can see that your router has been active for about 3 1/2 hrs.  

Session Records
Subscription Access Rack Last Event Event Time Message IP Assigned Total Gigabytes Calling From Session Started Session Ended Session Duration
Plusnet FTTC RSN (PTA) active 15:54 30/Mar/2018 unknown (Interim update) 146.199.21X.XXX 1.29    12:35 30/Mar/2018 N/A   3:27:48 (on going)

Can I ask (out of curiosity) what you did to get this working in the end? 

Kind Regards, 

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) obfuscated IP address and other datat

kkaren
Dabbler

Fix

We bought another router which arrived very quickly, from Amazon. The original router supplied  was obviously faulty. Very happy with the result, very quick , a better Easter with Internet . Thank you everyone who gave advice, Happy Easter Karen

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@MasterOfReality   I suggest it is not a good idea to show a user's IP address and phone line BBEU number in a public forum. 

Baldrick1

I would contact Plusnet and ask for a replacement for the faulty one at no cost to yourself. It's always useful to have a spare.

Moderator and Customer

kkaren
Dabbler

Really concerned about id fraud. Should all of the numbers be changed?