cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 2 Router and its a nightmare!

magicmanstu

New Hub 2 Router and its a nightmare!

Hi

I've just received my new Hub 2 router today and so far its taken me over 5 hours to try and get my devices connected and still some wont!
I've been a customer of plusnet since 2008 and been at this address for over 5 years so its not a new account and nothing has changed on the line.  I just upgraded my router with my new contract and my devices now won't connect to it.

Firstly each time I connected to the wifi it would open the Hub Manager page on whatever device I used as the router was stuck in sone sort of setup loop.

That was resolved by changing the user name and password in the Hub Manager so at least I could connect my phone and computer.
However I have several smart light bulbs, security cameras etc and they just can't connect to my router even though they can see the network etc.
Has anyone else had this issue and found a resolution please? It's driving me insane at the moment!

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: New Hub 2 Router and its a nightmare!

@magicmanstu  Welcome to the forum.

When you say that you have changed the username and password are you referring to the wireless SSID?

The first thing to try is factory reset the devices that won’t connect and set them up again from scratch. The other thing to consider is if your 2.4 and 5GHz bands have been separated or you previously had a single band hub. If so there are devices that don’t work well with synchronised bands.

If this is the case then there are options. What hub were you previously using?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

magicmanstu

I was using the previous Plusnet Hub.

The username and password I changed were the ones in the Hub manager, they were set to setup@plusadsl or something like that and now they are username@plusadsl

I've factory reset all the devices and they still don't connect.

I've deactivated the 5Ghz band in case this was causing the conflict but still no joy!

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@magicmanstu 

It needs to be set to username@plusdsl.net

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

magicmanstu

Yes, that is what its set to! 😤

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Ignoring the device > router connectivity for a second, your router order is still showing as in flight and therefore the device serial hasn't been associated correctly with your account.

That will have stopped it from automatically configuring and explains why you had to manually change the login credentials (really shouldn't have been necessary).

I'll take a look when I'm back in the 'office' tomorrow as it's suggests a widespread problem somewhere.

Ref: IMT-7644

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵