Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Time Still On GMT

Mallet
Dabbler

Re: Network Time Still On GMT

@bobpullen wrote:

It should be wrapped into the next major firmware deployment. I've no ETA at present though. It's dependent on squashing a few other issues that are currently under investigation.

So there is a fix then Bob?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Yes, we know what needs fixing 👍

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Topcat-10

I'm having the same problem, router time is still on GMT , has not advanced to BST, I would have thought this would be automatic as the computer and phone changed ok , but not my Hub One 111

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Topcat-10 It is a coding error in the firmware, and as has been stated above, has been identified and the fix rolled out in the next router update.

John
Topcat-10

Many Thanks 

paulscarbs
Dabbler

I'm glad it is being looked at. My router is currently showing one hour behind - and has done for quite some time. I have had to adjust user access accordingly.

Hope the USB feature can also be fully enabled in the next firmware update!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@bobpullen

If it has been determined that this is a firmware problem, how does the product vender ‘square that up’ against the observation that the current firmware predates reports by the OP that this used to work correctly?

Does the vender imply that the OP is mistaken ... or has the vender been changing firmware configuration without updating firmware version identification / date?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Townman wrote:
Does the vender imply that the OP is mistaken ... or has the vender been changing firmware configuration without updating firmware version identification / date?

Neither.

The config of the underlying OS is as such that BST clock changes beyond 2019 are not acted on.

This will be fixed in the next public firmware release.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Sounds like a bug that's 19 years too late 😁

dbhunter

Just noticed my plusnet one hub also has the same time issue. I was having BB issues and have had openreach out 14 times to fix it. So far I think it may have been fixed and was due to high resistance on the line but engineer still thinks there could be a REIN issue at the cabinet due to over crowding.

Anyway was talking to an excellent customer service rep at PN and he was saying when the last time the BB went off last night. I noticed my logs said an hour different. Checked another fail and again it was an hour out. Logged into the router and then checked the logs to see when I had logged in and the logs stated I logged in an hour ago. Definitely not on BST. Strange thing is the up time clock appears to be counting the time ok so must be getting that from the exchange.

Like others, cannot see a way to fix it, so will need a firmware update.

Bojang1
Grafter

Dear PLUSNET, I have this issue too. I am trying to set parental time controls within the router. It's not helpful that time within the router is incorrect. When you do sort this issue with a firmware update PLEASE can you also let your customers have the ability to change the DNS settings! I cannot see any reason for not letting user do this. I would prefer to use OpenDNS so we can manage parental controls better. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm afraid there are no plans to introduce the ability to modify the DNS resolvers the Hub One uses.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Bojang1
Grafter

Sad but ok.... Do you know if any if the other routers can. Maybe the business one?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our business Hub won't. It's effectively the same firmware. BT Business Hubs allow it I think and there are other ways you can work around it e.g. running your own DHCP server on something like a Raspberry Pi and switching DHCP off on the Hub One.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Bojang1
Grafter

Ok thanks will look into the business option