Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Time Still On GMT

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Network Time Still On GMT

Just a guess, could be wrong but the thread was marked as "fixed" by my last post which I think was a mistake by @Mallet  (was it ? 🙂 ) but it has since been unmarked again.

davelittlewood
Hooked

Well it sure isn't fixed on mine.

The router is junk but then it was free.....

Just pulled the pin on a decent router.

davelittlewood
Hooked

so on a particular router (so only that one is fixed) or was your fix a generic fix that should fix all Plusnet routers?

longedge
Aspiring Pro

As I said, it was a mistake. It is not fixed and although it was marked as such by the OP, the "fixed" has since been removed.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@davelittlewood wrote:

so on a particular router (so only that one is fixed) or was your fix a generic fix that should fix all Plusnet routers?

On a single router.

The wider issue is still under investigation.

@longedge wrote:

Just a guess, could be wrong but the thread was marked as "fixed" by my last post which I think was a mistake by @Mallet  (was it ? 🙂 ) but it has since been unmarked again.

Thanks, makes sense. I think I might actually have been the one who removed the fix (sorry mods!)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Mallet
Dabbler

Hmm. If I did mark it as fixed, obviously I didn't mean to. Apologies.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@bobpullen ref #105

Is the configuration data you changed managed / delivered as TR69 configuration data? If yes, such might explain how the behaviour changed without an update of the firmware. Does anyone know when / how it got changed yet?

It would aid future diagnostic investigation if they routers recorded when TR69 changes were last applied.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Townman yes, it was an SPV command sent over the TR069 platform. It's likely to have longer term implications because I set the start/end dates for BST to this year's values. These will obviously change in subsequent years.

I do not suspect the TR069 platform as the cause for a couple of key reasons:-

1. The historic changes for a device are typically recorded by the platform and there is no evidence of anything untoward being changed there.

2. I've seen the problem evidenced on a BT HH5A and some other devices that aren't provisioned on our TR069 instance.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bikeman
Dabbler

@bobpullen I have no idea what your last post meant but my Plusnet Hub One still has the wrong time. Any chance you guys can drop the jargon and just fix this?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If only it were that simple; that technology issues which some people have little comprehension of, could be solved by not using phrases which describe what's wrong with the technology.  It is akin to wanting your car engine fixed, by not saying the conrod and king pin are broken or asking what caused them to break.

As Bob has advised, the issue is with the product vendor.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

I'm not holding my breath 🙂. Just waiting to see what happens on 25th October.

vinyl_solution

@bobpullen I, like everyone I guess, have this GMT/BST discrepancy. Given that the fix you made was to "overwrite the stored parameters remotely", is that something that the end user can do themselves? If not, I'm assuming that everyone has to wait for a permanent fix to the issue, or can it be resolved by making a call to the helpdesk?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@vinyl_solution The action Bob took is not available to the end-user. In all honesty, although it is a pain for those affected, the only real solution is to wait for the vendors to resolve the issue.

John
egg1000
Dabbler

Bit late to the party. But noticed mine is the same. Any ETA on a fix? 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It should be wrapped into the next major firmware deployment. I've no ETA at present though. It's dependent on squashing a few other issues that are currently under investigation.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team