cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a 12 device limit to connected devices.

FIXED
RHH1968

Re: Is there a 12 device limit to connected devices.

Hi, 

Just joined the community as we have the same problem and I found this thread. We've only just received this 2704n router under a new contract and today found we had to turn off the WiFi on one device to enable another to connect. Not sure how many devices were connected but definitely no more than 12!

Unfortunately fibre not available where we are but assume a hub one would still resolve this issue? If so then please could we have one! 

Thanks in anticipation. 

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @RHH1968,

I have ordered a Hub One for you, please allow 3-5 working days for the router to be delivered.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
RHH1968

Thank you Faris!

Will report back once received and tested. 

Amitjaindsi

Hello Support team

I have recently noticed the same problem- I have invested into alexa devices and I can't connect to my laptop now as ran out of total limit. Can I please request the updated router as well please.

Regards

Amit

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Amitjaindsi,

Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. As your 2740n router is within its warranty period I've sent you out a Hub One to replace this at no cost to yourself. It should be with you within the next 3-5 working days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
neileverett

@EmilyD 

I have stumbled across this thread today. Since setting up a series of smart home devices at Christmas we have been having constant issues with devices not connecting to WiFi, and since we have a 2704n router, I now understand the cause of the problem! Would it be possible to get a replacement router sent out? I have recently renewed my contract with Plusnet...

Thanks - Neil

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @neileverett and apologies for the delayed response.

I've ordered one of our Hub One routers for you and we'll get that to you as soon as possible.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Crad20
Hooked

Hi. I have been having problems too since connecting smart home devices to the 2704n router. Seems a common problem with more devices being used.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @Crad20

I've also ordered you a Hub One router and we'll get that to you as soon as possible

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Crad20
Hooked

That's great. Thank you Matthew wheeler.
neileverett

Thanks @MatthewWheeler that's great!

Mgplusenet

Hello. I'm also hitting this same issue. I'm regularly having to disconnect devices to allow another device to connect. I have a 2704N router - are there any settings that can be changed to fix this or is the only fix to swap the router? Thanks in advance.
Bripnet777
Grafter

Hi,

I blindly stumbled into this problem last year and Plusnet sent a dual band router out.  Only later the cause was discovered. ( As in thread details etc)

The guys may send a router to you, but as alternative  just in case, some folks suggested  getting your own dual band unit.  From Ebay or whatever, a BT 5 or 6 was recommended if memory is correct.

Then put as many devices onto the 5ghz band.. This will free up the 2.4 band for stuff that will not play with the 5ghz signal.

good luck

Brian

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @Mgplusenet

I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this problem. I have now ordered a Hub One to be sent to you, you'll receive a notification when this is dispatched.

Should you have any further questions, please let us know!

Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
kskiang

Hi, 

I am currently is similar situation with the 2704 router, unable to provide WIFI connection to all the devices at home. Is it possible to have a replacement router sent out? Thank you very much.

Thanks, Kian