cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with Hub One USB Flash Drive access

brypars59

I need help with Hub One USB Flash Drive access

I am attempting to scan documents from a networked multi-function printer/scanner to a shared drive using Network Path \\PNhub1\usb1\ and through a wired/powerline connection.

I have successfully used a USB flash drive as a shared folder mapped on each PC, showing as \\SHARED on the Hub One Advanced Network page and accessible through Wi-Fi and wired connections.

After a bit of trial and error, I finally managed to scan documents from a Lexmark MFP device to a shared folder on \\PNhub1\usb1\ and  any folders within this structure through the wired/powerline connection with no specific credentials or authentication restrictions. 

I have now replaced the mechanically worn out Lexmark with a HP MFP device, but cannot get the exact settings to scan documents to the shared folder.  I have copied the \\PNhub1\usb1\ into the network path and generally used the same configuration settings, have again not used any credentials or authentication restrictions, but get the error message "unable to connect to the remote destination."

Is there something I could have overlooked in transferring the configuration settings to the new MFP?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: I need help with Hub One USB Flash Drive access

Have you tried by IP address ?    eg.   \\192.168.1.254\usb1

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

It's been along time since I tried a USB drive on a Hub One, but if I recall as you've replaced the USB to another device it may now be usb2 and not usb1 anymore.

Does the USB drive show on the Home page of the hub?

There might be some help here > http://192.168.1.254/help.htm#HOME search for USB

HTH

Dan. 

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

My guess is that the old printer used SMB1 (and the computer has it enabled) but the new printer only supports SMB2

As far as I know the Plusnet Hub One uses SMB1 for the USB stick.

Background at:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/storage-at-microsoft/stop-using-smb1/ba-p/425858

I am the satisfied customer....