cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HubTwo disconnects Ehernet LAN

Chris_P
Dabbler

HubTwo disconnects Ehernet LAN

I've been using my HubTwo since May, and it has worked very well until a few weeks ago. Since then, the problem as follows has occurred three times.
My network consists of both wired devices (desktop PCs, audio and video streamers) and wireless (laptop, tablet and phones). The wired part of the network suddenly stops working: all wired devices lose connectivity at the network layer, with existing sessions stopping, and ICMP pings getting no response. Wireless devices continue to work, i.e. they can access the Internet and other wireless devices. Restarting the router fixes the problem.
Hub firmware auro-updated to v0.08.00.08297-PN on 18 Nov, after the first occurrence of this problem on 11 November.

Moderator’s Note

Post released from the automatic spam filter

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: HubTwo disconnects Ehernet LAN

@Chris_P   are you just using the three Lan ports, or are you also using the Wan port?

Chris_P
Dabbler

@Mustrum WAN port is not in use, and never has been. LAN ports used as follows: 2 for devices adjacent to HubTwo, 1 for cable to Netgear Gigabit Ethernet switch. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have you had a trawl through the event log to see if you can identify a reason ?

Or tried to narrow it down by disconnecting a port at a time?

Chris_P
Dabbler

1. Yes I've looked at the log. That tells me exactly when I did the reboots, but I can't see anything immediately before them that might indicate a cause.

2. Yes, I spoke on the phone to someone at plusnet support this morning, and we agreed that that would be my next step. Fortunately, this is not a showstopper: rebooting once a week is acceptable to me as a workaround.

Now I need to work out how to thank you!

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@Chris_P 

Looks like you're not alone https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-2-ethernet-connection-disconnecting/td-p/1898864

Interested do the devices grey our (show as disconnected) when you look LAN port connections on the My Devices page on the Hub? 

Dan.

Chris_P
Dabbler

@Dan_the_Van I'll check that next time it happens. Due any time now, on current frequency!