Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 2 flashing light

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Hub 2 flashing light

Just wondered if the Hub Two light is supposed to flash momentarily maybe every 15 mins or so? I was getting bursts of interference on my TV and worked out they were related as my TV didn't get the interference when my Hub light was scheduled off. My connection seems pretty solid.
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Hub 2 flashing light

@southerner Does it change colour when flashing? AFAIK, it should be solid blue at all times unless there is an error somewhere.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@southerner 

Expanding on @jab1's reply.

If you have the lights turned off there is no blue light but it still indicates if it detects a fault. It should not flash.

Is the Hub on the same mains circuit as the TV? Can you try one or the other from a different socket? Does it flash if the TV is switched off? Alternatively does the TV have interference if the Hub is off?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@southerner 

When the light flashes on the Hub is it orange? Flashing orange suggests an issue with the broadband signal. Check the landline phone for noise dealing 17070 and selecting option 2. There should be no noise, some electrical interference can be received by the analogue landline phone. Try to do this test when the light is flashing on the Hub.

Are you able to export a copy of event log from the Hub Two as this would help identify if there is an issue with the broadband connection.

Click on http://192.168.1.254/home.htm >Advanced Settings > Technical Log >Event Log select category [All] and then [Export], this exports the log as a text/csv file which will give a full history of the Hub. (The admin password requested is found on the removable card on the Hub) a text filter can be used to identify DSL disconnects.

Is the Hub Two and your TV next to each other? If so, try moving them apart.

Interference on a digital TV signal would result in the form of picture breakup (pixelation). Pixelation could be caused by electrical interference, in some cases it's a weak signal.

Are you see this issue on all channels or just a selection of channels? If all channels I would suggest checking the coax cables are fully plugged in, poorly seated connectors would be unhelpful for a good quality TV signal. If a group of channels a retune may help as your TV may have selected an adjacent transmitter MUX which may have a weaker signal at your location. 

HTH

Dan.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

So this seems to be related to ARP events according to my router log.
The Hub light momentarily flickers at the time but remains blue.
The TV is on the same mains as my Hub 2.
The light flicker seems independent of which equipment I have on at the time although if I'm watching a Dolby Vision stream on Netflix at the time the picture will glitch/flash at the same time the Hub 2 light does. I'm guessing this is as the picture can be quite dark at times and so any glitches/flashes are easy to see.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@southerner - are you using the PSU/Power supply that came packaged with the hub? Is it plugged directly into a mains socket, or via an extension?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵