cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Mac address oddity..............two addresses!

Routefinder
Grafter

Hub One Mac address oddity..............two addresses!

Hi all

I use Eset Internet Security and it has a function called "Connected Home Monitor"

Now none too surprisingly it shows the Hub One as always active with my wired PC as well as all the other wired and WiFi devices and when each device was 'last seen'.

On the 'device details' on the Eset interface it correctly identifies the Hub one as recently seen with its IP address and it Mac address Smiley

However, there is another Hub One is also showing as "Last detected 14 days ago", this incidently(?) being the date I installed it and initially was connected via ADSL not fibre.  This 'version' of the Hub One has no IP listed in the Eset device details and the Mac address is completely different to the Mac address of the 'other Hub One' whose Mac address tallies with what I see in the GUI (NB I can see in the GUI that the two WiFi frequencies have their own Mac addresses as a sub-set of the main one.

So, to me this is a mystery.................what is this ghost Hub One last seen 14 days ago but is now in no way connected to the network???

Anyone got any idea as what this is and why I am seeing it???

TIA Smiley

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Hub One Mac address oddity..............two addresses!

@Routefinder 

I have no idea but maybe the Hub uses different MAC addresses for ADSL and fibre, or maybe even things that go bump in the night. It’s gone so either reset your Eset monitor and see if it returns or just ignore it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Routefinder
Grafter

Re: Hub One Mac address oddity..............two addresses!

@Baldrick1 

With all those views and no other 'reports', odd but of no known sigificance..............but hate a mystery, hence the question Wink

Though it sounds unusual, you might be right that there is a different Mac address depending on the 'connection method'?

No problem, I will delete it from the Eset history Smiley