Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
shineyhappy2020
Hooked

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Hi Bob, thanks very much for the software push. I've power cycled the router and now see software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.273 and I've re-enabled the 5GHz WiFi. 

I'll report back tomorrow with initial results, and also after a week or so to verify if it remains stable.

Regards, Ross

Peter_Paul_fox
Hooked

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the update at 16:40 today.

My account username is gi8hav@plusdsl.net and the Serial Number is +081441+NQ93308044

Please note, the default gateway has been changed for security reasons and the admin password. Maybe you do not need these details.

Yes I purchased a Hub One second hand  as I couldn't get another VDSL  to actually talk to the FTTC connection. Hence my adventures on this forum where I did find that the VDSL modem router I intended to use didn't work for the majority. A few were lucky which they put down to there being different equipment in the Open reach cabinets.

5 GHz always reported No Internet (but connected) or Limited WiFi, even though a WiFi analyser showed -34 dB. Hence the use of Access points to get 5 GHz. I would have kept the old router but the Hub One cannot be set to modem only.

SiNNER
Grafter

Hi Bob, Gonna need you to send that new firmware update to me as well just like everyone else. I'm currently having problems with the wifi, I've done everything from resetting the router to resetting my phones yet my tablet and pc and ps3 seem to connect perfectly fine to it. Even my new phone can't connect to the router.

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 08/05/19 as you can see, It's on the buggy version like everybody else.

Adele87

Hi - very much hope I’m posting in the right place. Having same issue.have software .263. Nothing connected to 5ghz when I check and dropout as below.

Brief description of the problem, and how is masquerades itself. What are the symptoms? How frequently does it happen?

Internet drops out frequently each day, and impossible to rejoin without a router reboot - states incorrect password.

Do the devices having problems appear to be connected or associated with the hub? Is the hub status indicator normal/blue when the problem occurs?

It’s blue. Appears across all devices using WiFi.

Do you have the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels merged (default setting) or split (different wireless network names)? If the networks are named differently, does the problem only affect the 5GHz network?

Default merged

Once the problem occurs is it persistent? Do you have any devices wired to the router and does the problem affect them at the same time?

Yes persistent

Are you able to reproduce the problem reliably? Do you think you have a way of triggering it? [for example waking a specific device from power save mode]

No trigger

Is the problem always resolved by rebooting the hub? If so, how long does it take before problems recur?

Can take a couple of hours after rebooting to recur but does this consistently

If specific devices are always impacted when problems occur, please provide details of which devices are impacted and which aren't i.e. manufacturer, model, variant and operating system version.

Apple iPhone 11 x2
Apple iPad Air
MacBook Air

Have the devices experiencing problems recently received any patches that might correspond with the time the issue first occurred?

No

Please provide a description of your home network setup and all devices in use including whether or not you're using any additional switches, Powerline adapters or wireless access points.

Router plugged to master socket - iPad, 2iphones, MacBook Air, desktop Mac, TV, now TV, 2 google nest mini connected.

Thanks so much for your help.
KimFrank
Hooked

@bobpullen 

Hello Bob, could you please send that new firmware update to me as well just like everyone else. I'm currently having problems with the wifi.

I have a new iMac directly wired into the router and a clapped out one running on the wifi.  The problem is showing in my iPhone and iPad.  They appear to logged in but I'm unable to use the wifi.  Also both the iPhone and iPad are asking for the password to be reentered and although I am certain it's correct I am asked to reenter,  The only thing that stops this is if I switch the router off and then on again.

Thank you for your help.

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 15.6.19 it's on the list you have given as having the bug.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Peter_Paul_fox wrote:

My account username is gi8hav@plusdsl.net and the Serial Number is +081441+NQ93308044

Thanks, that device is now correctly associated with your account. You'll need to factory reset it to reactivate it on the management platform though by inserting something into the pinhole at the rear until the status light flashes green. This will wipe the non-default settings you have stored so you'll need to either restore your settings manually (preferred) or restore from a config backup.

Once you've done this, let me know and I'll try again.

@SiNNER wrote:

I'm currently having problems with the wifi, I've done everything from resetting the router to resetting my phones yet my tablet and pc and ps3 seem to connect perfectly fine to it. Even my new phone can't connect to the router.

Can't connect even after a reboot? I'm not sure from your description whether or not we're talking about the same issue.

Regardless, I've pushed an update to your router. You'll need to reboot to apply it.

@Deividas1981 wrote:
Lost my 5hz connection and its only coming back if I reset hob . Its only a month old hob . Please help . And my network is jumping up and down sometimes to only 2mbs from usual 45/50mbs

I've pushed an update that should help with the former. The latter may be due to a different issue though. You'll need to power off/back on to apply the update.

@Adele87 & @KimFrank - an update has been sent your way too. Again, you'll need to restart the router.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

SiNNER
Grafter

@bobpullen I've rebooted many times now and even when you said you sent the update, I've rebooted 4 times now and it's not gotten the update. It's still stuck on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 It's odd because I never changed anything on the router or my phone, The only phone that can connect via wifi is the old android which is on 4.2.2 and the others that can't connect are on 6.0 and 9.0. My windows pc and windows tablet can both connect fine the same with the PS3. Literally, I've not changed any settings on the router or my devices. This is clearly a problem with the Hub One on this current firmware(4.7.5.1.83.8.263)

mattroberts3001

ONE Router dropping wifi - getting worse

Hi,

I have been a PN customer for many years and have had a ONE router for around 5 years now. I am running the 76Mb unlimited package.

Recently the wifi stops working. Specifically the devices stay connected to the router but there is no internet access, this is across all devices (e.g. if it stops everything stops via wifi, iPhone, laptop etc). I have TV, Sky and Xbox all plugged directly into the router via ethernet. These connections are never affected. The wifi can have no internet access but the internet works for the ethernet connections.

It also doesn't appear to be a signal issue as I live in a flat and the signal is strong throughout. This issue has got worse in the past 2 months and today has been the worse yet; the only way to remedy this issue appears to be a full power on/off of the router. Not ideal.

2.4Ghz runs on channel 6 and 5Ghz on channel 44 according to Netspot.

Do you have any suggestions as to what this could be? The only other variable is that in the past few months the router has started making a louder wining noise, most notable when transferring data via wifi. I don't know if that would be relevant or not.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks

Adele87

Thank you Bob!
TonyClegg

Big thanks for taking the time to do this. After a couple of days, seems fine and devices are connecting properly. So that’s one problem fixed.

Let’s hope my 9 month connection drop out issues are resolved sometime next year. I won’t bore you all with that though
danny1199
Dabbler

I see that this topic is quite old now, albeit there is your recent update, but, has the issue been fixed yet?  Also, once fixed, will all Hub One holders automatically receive the fix or does it have to be requested?  My iPad and laptop show as being connected but with no internet fairly often, much more so with my iPad and occasionally with my Windows laptop. I don't really want to spend out on another router to fix this problem if I don't have to.  Thanks for your update though Bob.

shineyhappy2020
Hooked

Hi Bob, I've now been using version .273 for a complete 24 hour period, with the router set to have seperate 2.4 and 5GHz network SSID's. The results were good. The log shows some reconnects (new DHCP leases) for five devices logged onto the 5GHz network, due to them being brought online or moving around my house, however none have remained disconnected or shown authentication or password errors. No issues were noted on the 2.4GHz network. Streaming services show no signs of buffering.
I've now set the router to have the same SSID for both WiFi bands, as this is my preferred config. I'll report back later with more results.
Regards, Ross

danny1199
Dabbler

How did you get version .273?  I'm using version .263.  Can I update it myself or should it be done automatically?

shineyhappy2020
Hooked

Hi Danny1199, Bob Pullen kindly pushed the new version to my router after I reported WiFi problems. I don't think it's automatically being done for all users, perhaps Bob can clarify the policy on updates?

danny1199
Dabbler

Thanks for that.  I've said that I need it so hopefully he'll sort it for me.