Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
Tonymcclennon2
Dabbler

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Hi @bobpullen,

Thanks for getting back to me. I did also manage to get hold of one of the tech guys who kindly uploaded the software and stepped me through the process.

This does seem to have stopped the issue of what I now know to be devices connecting to the 5g then being unable to find/connect to the 2.4g, and since the reboot, response times have become quicker as well so fingers crossed!!

Thanks again for the help.

Tony

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@praful & @bchalcraft - both done. You'll need to power off/back on at your side.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bchalcraft

NIce one @bobpullen 

I've reset, confirmed the firmware changed (now ends 273) and tried connecting a device to the 5Ghz WiFi and -for the first time in at least a year- I am able to connect.

Will report back if I have further issues but initial signs are good.

One thing I noted immediately, I ran a couple of speed tests to check the connection and during high activity, particularly downloading (at the expected 75Mb+), there is electrical noise coming from the Hub One, a bit like coil whine. Not a complaint exactly, and this was in a quiet room in a quiet house, but is was there and repeatable so thought was worth reporting back.

Ta

Tonymcclennon2
Dabbler

Hi @bobpullen,

Just checking - is the latest firmware 273? If so, I still have 263 after Karl reset the router, so hoping that 273 may be more stable?

Many thanks.

paulmbloomfield

@bobpullenLike many others, my 5Ghz stopped working yesterday morning. Hub One firmware is .263. Is an update possible to fix this problem? What info do you need?

Thanks

Paul

SheffieldHills

Hi @bobpullen 

I've also had this issue for a while (but mostly been too lazy to do much about it). I have tried the fixes previously mentioned but if there's a firmware upgrade that solves the issue, I'd be pleased to know. I'm on .263 currently.

Thanks.

Magpi3

Hi @bobpullen 

As promised an update on build .284 which you arranged for me to use.

Its been 2 weeks now and the 5GHz hasnt dropped a single time, which is great news.  I have noticed however a few occasions where it ran very slow (was close to the router so not a distance issue), but as many people working from home atm using the internet - this could just be a common issue and nothing to do with our home setup.

I will continue to monitor for any problems.

Thanks again,

David.

djbucko2009
Hooked

@bobpullen Good afternoon,

I've been having similar problems to those described in the thread, for the last 2 weeks each time I reboot the router the 5GHz band eventually fails.

Could I request that the beta software (.273 or .284, whatever you think is most appropriate) be pushed to my router to see if this solves this issue.

Kind regards

David

enjybenjy
Hooked

Hello @Bob pullen. I have had that much trouble with my 5ghz that I've given up and put them both back as one but now I'm getting slow speeds instead. Would it be possible to send me the update please, I have a spare upstairs set up as an extender, how do I update that too please?? Thank you in advance
rob571330

Morning @bobpullen 

As per many of the folks here, I am on software version .263 and currently have turned off 5GHz. Not ideal as I work from home but please could you push an update through to my router? I assume from other posts this is the way to do it aside from calling in?

Many thanks
Rob

kamwu

@bobpullen Can I have this update as well?

I'm working from home since early March and recently switched to Plusnet. I need a stable 5 GHz due to the type of work I do and the constraints I have. But this frequency is dying at least twice a day.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@bobpullen  You are doing a splended job Thumbs_Up with all these updates and squirting them to people to resolve their 5GHz issues.

I was one of the recievers of a squirt and then, left the fold and went and got a BT Hub 6, that auto updates and have never looked back on my poor old lonely Plusnet hub One. Cry

This aside, I thank you for your diligence in services to updating and customer service. Thumbs_Up

However, we have all been looking and it is with much regret, I have to inform you that you MUST wait at least 5 years and be dead, before you can be made a Saint Angel https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27140646

karlpeters
Hooked

Hi All,

Just thought I'd give an update.

@bobpullen sent through the 273 update to my router a week ago & since then, all has been well with no dropouts and excellent speeds, particularly on the 5GHz.

Once again, thanks Bob, you're doing a great job here!

enjybenjy
Hooked

That's great, could someone send one through to me, I'm a new customer so would have thought the router I have would be updated ready. Just to note I have 2 hh6 routers here but set them up and had the same issue losing 5ghz only then it wasn't showing on WiFi analyzer at all 🤨
Tonymcclennon2
Dabbler

Hi @bobpullen,

Given that others have reported successful operation with both 2.4g and 5.0g, would it be possible to arrange for the .273 or .283 update to also be pushed to my router?

Many thanks.