Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling WiFi on Hub 2

FIXED
ManicOrganic
Grafter

Re: Disabling WiFi on Hub 2

Thanks to you mate. Thanks to you.. Yes, i've tried it now and it's working fine.. Can't believe my luck.. Thought i'd be buying another router or moving it outside somehow.. Experiencing faster downloads too so couldn't be happier. How someone remotely updated my software i'll never know, but that's fine.. You guys know and that's enough for me.

Forever grateful. *bowing*

10Tonio

Hi, I just got my broadband set up and found the same problem - even though the wifi was turned my RF guage on my EMF meter was way way high. so I was glad to discover this thread you started. However, because I'm quite EMF sensitive and I want wifi on sometimes in my day to make some free calls with certain mobile apps I was wondering if you had found a good alternative router with a wifi on/off button. It would be easier and quick and also I think the RF reading with wireless on in an alternative router may well not be as high as it is with the plusnet hub 2. If you have any ideas, much obliged.

10Tonio

10Tonio

correction missed out a word, 'off' - should read:

.....- even though the wifi was turned OFF my RF guage on my EMF meter was way way high....

ManicOrganic
Grafter

Hi, The issue was fixed for us with a firmware update by an Admin on here. It was like the cavalry arriving I must say.

With the update (v0.08.00.08297-PN) you simply have to log into the router and toggle the wifi on and off as required. Hope that helps. Can you see what firmware is installed on your router? The info is there somewhere. Our Hub2 supplied by PN is fine and fast now it has the correct firmware installed. Regds.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@10Tonio - If your router is running an older firmware without the toggle, then you should find it updates automatically within a day or two.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ManicOrganic
Grafter

Well done Bob. The Hub2 seems a really good router once the wifi on/off option is available. Hope that fixes it for them. Have a great new year.. Julia says hi and thanks again x