cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Amazon devices to hub2 ?

FIXED
Harry661

Connecting Amazon devices to hub2 ?

I've recently switched to Plusnet and everything was going well until i tried to sign my Amazon Kindle and Amazon Fire Tablet into the hub2 router.

I keep getting "incorrect password"  and I'm definitely using the right password. Any ideas ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Connecting Amazon devices to hub2 ?

Try disabling the 5ghz wifi temporarily on the Hub 2. Connect your Amazon devices and then re-enable the 5ghz.

The Hub 2 uses the same ssid  for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks. Some 2.4ghz only devices can't cope when initially trying to be connected

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Kicking around and bought over the years I have 3 generations on Kindle, Two generations of Fire TV an Echo and an Echo Dot.

All have connected over wireless without any issues or need to separate the bands on a Hub 2.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Thanks @Baldrick1  , that's my theory out of  the window

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Fix

@Harry661 

Have you tried a full reset on the Amazon devices and set them up from scratch? Have you used the wireless password on other devices and found that it works?

I have to ask the obvious so please do not be offended, you have a contract password, Hub admin password and wireless password. It is not unknown for others to use the incorrect one.

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Harry661

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried them including the factory reset and yes I could connect them to other people's Internet including a relative who had the same plusnet hub as me.

In the end I was able to connect them using the WPS button .I tried the advance settings on the kindle fire to find this out.