cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CWMP / TR-069 on own router

FIXED
yattyatt

CWMP / TR-069 on own router

Hi,  I noticed on my plusnet-provided router tr-069 messages in the logs.

I've since switched to my own router. I've got it up and running just fine, but was wondering if here is any benefit to configuring CWMP/TR-069 as well?

If so, what values do I set?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: CWMP / TR-069 on own router

@yattyatt I'm not the modem/router expert on here, but I would doubt there's any reason to set it on your own equipment - it is to enable Plusnet to check your PN Hub and send updates as required, which are of no use to 3rd. party equipment.

John
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

Our hardware management platform will only communicate with Plusnet equipment through the TR069 protocol. It’s how we make sure that our devices are kept up to date with the latest firmware and the right credentials for your broadband connection. 

You won’t be able to configure your own router to do the latter automatically should you ever change your account password, but presumably it’ll have its own way of getting firmware updates from the manufacturer.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
yattyatt

Thanks guys. 😀

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'