Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue light on router no connection

FIXED
psuser
Dabbler

Re: Blue light on router no connection

@James30 

I do not have powerline adapter. Believe me, in past 4 days I have done all the troubleshooting steps, removed all the cables, switched OFF all the connecting devices. Multiple router restarts and resets, rescans of channels. My services with Plusnet started on 5th Jan 2024 and shipped Hub 2 didn't allowed any devices compatible with 2.4 GHz from day one (please note that the earlier Hub2 router provided by BT did not have any issues for all devices that I have  2.4 GHz and 5 GHz). Only devices compatible with 5 GHz were allowed till 15th Jan . Now that is also not possible.

Please help in replacing the Hub2.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

@psuser I would agree with you, from the information you have provided on here, it is plainly obvious there is a fault with the Hub2, and no amount of pictures of the back of the Hub will prove anything.

I assume @James30 has read the whole topic to see this?

John
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Fix

@psuser No worries I'll get it replaced, It'll take 3-5 working days formally but most likely will get there on Tuesday. Let us know how if it fixes it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@psuser wrote:

(please note that the earlier Hub2 router provided by BT did not have any issues for all devices that I have  2.4 GHz and 5 GHz).

That router also works on a plusnet connection. I'm currently replying via a BT Hub using my PN line.

You could always revert back to it, you'd need to input your username and password here and click connect.

So the Broadband username would be in the format username@plusdsl.net and the password is your account password.

The only reason for not using my PNH2 is the lack of changing the 5GHz SSID and that it only has 3 usable Ethernet ports. I only need 3 mostly as the 4th is used for my laptop in the event the DNS falls over. But I'm currently glancing down at the wrapped box.....

psuser
Dabbler

@James30 

Update:

I have received replacement Hub 2 today. After connecting the new Hub 2, I was able to connect all devices both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Thanks for your help.

jab1
Legend

Good to hear - so it was a defective Hub?

John
psuser
Dabbler

@jab1 Yes it was defective Hub.

DS
Seasoned Champion

psuser did they send a returns bag (I forget when it came in but newish customers don't own the router anymore, it's only loaned to the customer) and if they did I'd power it up one last time, hit the reset button (until the green? light goes out) to remove any of your info from the hub and send it back

Yes John, definitely a dud.

jab1
Legend

@DS I thought so - no band on the 2.4Ghz and 130 on the 5Ghz kind of gave it away.

John
DS
Seasoned Champion

A good question would be why did it fail

(now I'm not at all suggesting these BT off casts were badly designed, with basic/locked down UI functionality, that more advanced users would want, as one example, to have the ability to use certain 10.xx.xx.xx IP address ranges on their home network to find this would fail - and the only reason this was not an option on BT router/connections were simply due to BT wanted that range for their btwifi-with fon. btwifi-x offerings and/or not having the ability to split the 5GHz could cause havoc with the wifi card within the said router (I'm guessing on the last bit about the card struggling to cope with all the devices but my guess is it would have been working hard) or indeed how it still looks like the BT (and PNH1) used to cache the devices connected (regardless of the DHCP being set to 1 or 21 days) to it and thus would start allocating higher IP address until it was full (I have around 20-30 devices connected and my BTSH is currently allocating address in the 192.168.1.170 range for certain portable devices even though it would have been down in the .80 range)

Also to clarify a point regarding resetting - the router only needs power to reset it, it doesn't need connecting to the phone socket.

Anyway, at least psuser is back up and running 😁

Mav
Fixes: 516

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @James30 as per message #33.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still