Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue light on router no connection

FIXED
psuser
Dabbler

Blue light on router no connection

Hi, I am a full fibre broadband only user. Recently after BT openreach outage the plusnet hub 2 router showed orange light. Now after openreach issue is resolved the hub 2 router shows blue light, however devices are not able to connect to Wi-Fi. I tried restarting the hub, reset it also 2-3 times without any luck. Connected tp-link router via ethernet to hub 2 and devices can connect to WiFi via tp-link router (having seperate SSID) with good internet connection. Is plusnet Hub 2 faulty.
Thanks
PS
Tags (1)
40 REPLIES 40
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Blue light on router no connection

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@psuser 

however devices are not able to connect to Wi-Fi.

Do the devices actually see the wifi SSID from the Hub 2 ?

I tried restarting the hub, reset it also 2-3 times without any luck. 

Was any of those a full factory reset ? Holding the reset button for 20 secs until the Hub restarts

I suggest you login to the router gui and check that the Wireless is enabled

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

psuser
Dabbler

Thanks MisterW.

Devices were able to see the wifi SSID from the Hub 2, but were not able to connect.

Update:

There was a power outage at our area today and after power was back on, devices were able to connect to Hub 2 SSID. So not clear what was the real issue and how it was fixed.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Curious

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

psuser
Dabbler

Problem started again, devices can see WIFI SSID, not able to connect. I have attached screen shots of HUB2 GUI after connecting tp-link router via ethernet cable. I can see the devices connected via tp-link router.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

@psuser 

You appear to have 14 ethernet connections, is this correct?

Any device connected to a wired connected WIFI access repeater would appear on the Hub as a wired device.

Have you turned off 2.4 GHz as there appears to be no indication of the channel being used

psuser
Dabbler

@Dan_the_Van 

Yes all 14 devices connected via tp-link router. both 2.4 GHz and GHz are ON, however no devices can connect to hub directly.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

@psuser 

You say the two wireless using different SSID name? Do you get an error message when connecting or just not seeing the wireless name to be able to connect to?

I suggest using a WiFi analyser to see if you can see both the Hub and TP-Link wireless names and signal strength.

Is the TP-Link a router or a WiFi access point? If a router you could switch the Hub two to bridging mode (as a modem) and use the TP-Link as a router, this would prevent any double NAT issues and allow you to use the router features

psuser
Dabbler

@Dan_the_Van 

Both WIFI SSIDs are visible. However not able to connect to Hub2 SSID. I used WIFI analyzer tool and Hub2 SSID has excellent signal strength (-58Dbm) and 5.7 GHz frequency. So there seems to be some issue with Hub2 router. I did factory reset also however it did not solve the issue.

I tried by switching OFF tp-link router so that only Hub2 is ON and Hub2 SSID is available to the devices for connection, however still devices are not able to connect to Hub2 SSID.

Is there issue with Hub2 or it is defective?

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@psuser 

If you did a full reset did you check your Hub2 WiFi password remains as you expect?

Brian

psuser
Dabbler

@bmc 

all configurations same no change.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@psuser have you checked the Hub 2 event log to see if there are any connection attempts and  information as to why they may be rejected

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@psuser wrote:

@Dan_the_Van 

Both WIFI SSIDs are visible. However not able to connect to Hub2 SSID. I used WIFI analyzer tool and Hub2 SSID has excellent signal strength (-58Dbm) and 5.7 GHz frequency. So there seems to be some issue with Hub2 router. I did factory reset also however it did not solve the issue.

I tried by switching OFF tp-link router so that only Hub2 is ON and Hub2 SSID is available to the devices for connection, however still devices are not able to connect to Hub2 SSID.

Is there issue with Hub2 or it is defective?

What error is reported when you try to connect them - if any?

John
psuser
Dabbler

@MisterW 

I can see the connection request in the log, however the device is immediately disconnect.

19:09:16, 17 Jan. DHCP device Disconnected: 192.168.1.118, 9a:0c:9d:5f:e3:f1, Galaxy-S21
19:09:15, 17 Jan. LAN [DEL] ARP 192.168.1.118 with 9a:0c:9d:5f:e3:f1 from br0
19:09:13, 17 Jan. ARP [del] br0 192.168.1.118 9a:0c:9d:5f:e3:f1
19:08:06, 17 Jan. Receive a DHCP request
19:08:05, 17 Jan. Lan IPv6 Neighbour Discovery events: NEIGHBOR_SOLICIT