cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub) on PlusNet

Catpuss
Grafter

Re: BT Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub) on PlusNet

Any tips buying router on eBay ? Some look dodgy I would prefer a new sealed one . What is everyone’s else’s thoughts? 

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

#653 here gives full set up with links to mine and Baldrick1  posts re setting up  BT Smart Hubs with plusnet

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1782853#M23...

remember that you can not split the 5GHz or 2.4GHz on the BT Smart Hub 2, however they can be independently switched off in router settings

Catpuss
Grafter

Looking at homehub6 plusnet have already sent me instructions how to set up which was very nice of the , thanks guys much appreciated input. Just don”t want to spend £130 quid on new one keep looking for a new one on eBay 

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Why would you spend £130 ?   Include your search to include BT Home Hub 6 Smart Hub, if buying HH6  check the pictures re how the wires of the plug are in the box, (We all know what state they should be if unopened)  also always read the description down the bottom of the page. if its too cheap, theres a reason 

Jonnobesafe
Hooked

Also Type A comes in FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) but the type B come in two versions, FTTC and FTTP (Fibre to the Premises). One user suggests type B is easier to set up.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/BT-Smart-Hub-6-Type-A-and-Type-B/td-p/1712153#:~:text=The%20....

That shouldn't affect you, but worth double checking before buying. (Most domestic installations use FTTC)
Mine is type A which has been brilliant, except when I had some wireless items too near it, my Dect Base Station and a Bluetooth Mobile Phone to Landline connector, which halved my Mbps, so try not to have any other wireless items too near. That was my reason for starting an earlier post back in July, but is now rectified.
I hope the information was useful and didn't complicate things.

Catpuss
Grafter

I am watching them , bit hesitant but thanks I probably do need a kick up the bum. Women tend to ponder with the ability to change ones mind . Lol

Catpuss
Grafter

No. Brilliant input , just wanted to know the pit falls before proceeding . Help much appreciated. No as if women are tech savvy. 

grsmto

Just bought a BT Smart Hub from Shpock from £15 and works perfectly. Also took 5min to setup thanks to the instructions here.
Still having an F grade on dslreports.com tho, so didn't seem to have helped much with that Sad

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Jonnobesafe wrote:

Also Type A comes in FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) but the type B come in two versions, FTTC and FTTP (Fibre to the Premises). One user suggests type B is easier to set up.

To correct the statement that the Type A is not available in FTTP form read my response to your linked post. I have an FTTP Smarthub and these can be used on FTTC services such as Plusnet. You just lose the use of one of the four LAN sockets as that's been converted to a WAN. See https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-a-FTTP-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-FTTC-Service/m-p/165176....

Also, both Type A and Type B are set up in exactly the same way.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

roguemolecule

Hi Folks,

I just bought a BT Business Hub 6 (Type A, model 088315) and it's working fine on Plusnet, but there doesn't appear to be an option to update the DNS settings under IPv4 config. Am I missing something? Screen grab attached.

I'm on firmware SG4B1B007010 and it claims it was last updated today (4th Jan 2021).

Baldrick1

@roguemolecule 

You’re on the wrong page and looking at the wrong details. You need to be on the advanced network settings. See step 13 here. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer

pboyde
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@roguemolecule 

have you rebooted since the firmware update?

My firmware is SG4B1B0092DE on my Business Hub

roguemolecule

Hi @Baldrick1 

That's where I am. Advanced Settings > My Network > IPv4 Configuration. I'm not sure where else to look.

pboyde
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@roguemolecule @Baldrick1 

You are on the correct page (my IPv4 Config page attached)

Baldrick1

@pboyde ,

Have you set DNS Servers Auto to No?

When you do this the drop down list appears.

Moderator and Customer