cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise

Darren8282
Grafter

Re: Advise

Cheers had a look only thing is no unlimited option as I do download a lot per month be that Xbox Series Games, Streaming movies/TV. It worries me that 800gb is highest but that's business package.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Home::1 package has a 5000GB/month option  -  Home::1 VDSL Prices 

You could start on the 500GB/month package and add a top-up if occasionally needed, or upgrade to the 5000GB option if you always exceed the quota.

If you exceed your quota, you can either have the line stop working, offering a top-up page, or slow down dramatically until the next billing month, or automatically buy top-up. Top-up costs £5.00† for 100GB extra usage, which carries on month after month until used up. However, if you find you need top-up you will be better selecting one of the higher levels.

Also -

You don't have to use your quota each month, and it rare for our customers to reach the full quota on our largest tariffs in a month. Your next month starts with your normal quota again, but we also provide a quota bonus - which is half of the unused quota from the previous month. This applies even on the higher quota packages. This accumulates, i.e. the unused amount includes any unused bonus quota. If you buy any top-up, that is kept separate and keeps rolling over until all used.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Earlier I said -

@Anonymous wrote:

While it is true that A&A are slightly more expensive ...

On closer inspection I could be wrong !

According to Plusnet's current T&Cs, out of contract Unlimited Fibre Extra with included line rental = £47.54

Whereas A&A's  Home::1 FTTC 80/20 with copper pair = £45.00

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Darren8282  have you looked to see whether you can get full fibre FTTP at your address ?

You can check by putting your phone number in to the  BT Broadband Availability Checker 

Ignore anything that says "FTTP on Demand" as that is something different and is likely to be very expensive.

Darren8282
Grafter

I can't pal it's not even planned yet.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Anonymous wrote:

According to Plusnet's current T&Cs, out of contract Unlimited Fibre Extra with included line rental = £47.54

These figures, to quote from an old saying about statistics, are being used as a drunk uses a lamp post, more for support than illumination.

AA very likely has better customer support but you need to compare costs more carefully. For example, if you want a free hub you need a 12 month contract, when you must compare the cost with a Plusnet contracted price. That’s without the fact that there’s no landline phone option, only VoIP, and download limits.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

"For example, if you want a free hub you need a 12 month contract, when you must compare the cost with a Plusnet contracted price."

Current PN contracts are 18 months. I can post the e-mails if you like.

Darren8282
Grafter

I've finally got my fault fixed today and everything is working fine so I'll stay with plusnet. The customer support has been fantastic in all honesty so I won't leave after they have now fixed the issue. Thankyou
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

@Anonymous wrote:

For 500GB usage! 5TB usage is an extra £10 and even that might not be enough for some.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@greygit wrote:

"For example, if you want a free hub you need a 12 month contract, when you must compare the cost with a Plusnet contracted price."

Current PN contracts are 18 months. I can post the e-mails if you like.

I was referring to the A & A contract length. The advertised Plusnet contract is 18 months but if you ring the Customer Options Team you will find that not only a new contract price, but other contract lengths are generally negotiable.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'