cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra

apolloa
Dabbler

Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hi, I am thinking of coming back to Plusnet for the Fibre extra package, my line maxes out around 30mbps though due to the length of copper cable to the cab which is outside the exchange building. I have BT Infinity  Fibre currently.

I need to have the 10MBPS upload speeds so need the Plusnet Fibre Extra package for this, now is there any way round this utterly stupid rule Plusnet has, where if your line cannot get over 50MBPS sync speeds then you cannot have the Fibre Extra package? I don't care about paying extra, I expect to, but I can only come to Plusnet if I get the faster upload speed.

Any staff members here able to answer this for me?

9 REPLIES 9
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra

Have you considered Zen ISP - expensive but comes with genuine customer service.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

apolloa
Dabbler

Thanks but I'm not paying ZEN prices and their are better out there for their price too. Any staff member who can advise me of my original question?
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

PlusNet will not offer you Unlimited Fibre Extra so you will have to go elsewhere, doesn't make sense but that's the way it is.

apolloa
Dabbler

Thank you, that's why I want to hear from a staff member if I can have the Fibre Extra or not.
Any staff members out there?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @apolloa first of all welcome back here.

I'm really sorry to say that if your line speed estimate is below 40 Mbps and if the Unlimited Fibre Extra package isn't showing as available to order through the signup journey at www.plus.net you won't be able to order it I'm afraid.

I believe this is just a limitation of our current billing system and I hope this changes in the future however I'm unable to confirm things unfortunately.

If you have any further questions or anything else I can help with please feel free to let me know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
apolloa
Dabbler

Thanks buddy. Hmm so it may change in the future? I'll have a think about it.

Thank you.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Honestly, I don't know whether it will or won't change, and unlikely something we'll speculate further on over the forums. Apologies for any disappointment caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
apolloa
Dabbler

Can you tell me, do you guys still offer the none contract pay monthly option on your Fibre, where you pay more for it? And do you still offer the opportunity to pay for a years etc line rental up front in one go?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

For fibre there are just contracted options of either 12 months or 18 months available.

And, aye we still offer line rental saver (I believe you save £30 across 12 months for paying LRS upfront)