cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Plusnet

claireanddee

Switch to Plusnet

Can I find out if my broadband switch is definitely happening today? I have had two attempts fail due to my current provider putting blocks on the phone line transfer, yet Plusnet didn't notify me... so I'm now 6-8 weeks into trying to get my new broadband working. I lost my old broadband last night and have had confirmation that the phone line has been switched (I've checked and it has).

Because of the other failed attempts and being massively messed around I'd like confirmation that I won't be without internet now... and preferably the connection pushed through before midnight as compensation for all the grief I've had getting to this point. Live chat just gives me a load of phone numbers... is there a way of getting through to someone online?Huh
5 REPLIES 5
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 91

Re: Switch to Plusnet

Hello @claireanddee,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry for the experience you have had in trying to get through. We are extremely busy at the moment causing long wait times which I can assure you that we are continually working to improve.

I can see that your order has completed and your line went active around 20:00 yesterday. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

image15416817054511Sammy

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
claireanddee

Yes it is now live but it isn't working with my laptop through Wi-Fi (running Windows 10)... it's connected to the LAN but no internet connection.

It doesn't have an Ethernet port so I can't plug it directly into the router. Please advise asap as I need to use it to work from home tomorrow. TV connected by Ethernet and mobile phone on Wi-Fi are both working!
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @claireanddee,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues connecting to the laptop. Do you experience the same issue on any other devices and if so, are you able to try an Ethernet connection on another device to see if this successfully connects to the internet?

It may sound a little cliche, but if you haven't already tried it then I'd recommend rebooting the router and laptop to see if this helps to establish an internet connection as it's always worth a try.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
claireanddee

I got it to work on Friday and Monday but today it will not connect to the internet again. Connecting to Wi-Fi but no internet.

I have restarted - no joy. I have uninstalled my VDI connection software and cleared the temp files but no luck.

Only having this issue on my laptop (which hasn't got an Ethernet port)... my android phone and tablet both connect wirelessly and my smart TV works with Ethernet cable.

Do I need to do anything with my anti virus or router settings?
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @clairenanddee, did you change anything on the Friday or Monday?

What's the error you receive when opening a webpage?

It might be worth separating the wireless frequencies in the router just to rule that out.

Here's how to do this:

1) Connect a device to the Hub One and open a browser. Go to 192.168.1.254 (you don't require an internet connection to do this).

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'. Turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'Off' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '-5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection.

Once done, 'apply' the changes.

When you search for wireless networks you will then see 2 available connections (one with 5G at the end, if device is compatible).

On your laptop, try using both connections (if available) and see if either allows you online.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team