cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no router

FIXED
Fon

Still no router

I received an email on the 22/12/21 that my router had been dispatched yet I still haven’t received anything. If anyone can help that would be great as I can’t get through on the phones
7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Still no router

@Fon  Welcome to the forum.

These are sent out by first class post so it will have been delayed in the Christmas mail and now the 4 day Christmas shutdown of postal services.

Do you happen to have a third party combined ADSL/VDSL modem/router or a BT Home Hub 5 or Smarthub that can be pressed into service? If your service is live and you want help configuring one to work then do come back and we will try to help.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Fon

Thank you for the quick reply!
Im not sure if I will be able to set up using the bt box that was left in the house when I moved in as I’m missing step 5 on my order tracker. (Activating the line step) I’m thinking I’ll have to just hurry up and wait for the post to come through
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Fon and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you've not received your router yet.

I'd recommend allowing a couple more days to account for delays over Christmas but if you don't receive it by the end of the week, feel free to post back to let us know and we'll order you another. 

In the meantime, I've checked your order and I can confirm your fibre service is due to go live tomorrow. 

Really sorry for the inconvenience. What does the BT box look like? This may just be a modem rather than a router. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Fon

Thank you for the response, I thought that might be the case, I’ve just had a look and it says Smart Hub 2 on the back of it if this helps

Many thanks
Fonteyne
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

In that case, @Fon , it can be used on the Plusnet connection when you get it - instructions are pinned to the top of the 'My Router' board, I believe.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Yep, that should work. Once we've confirmed your fibre service is ready to use, try setting it up through following the instructions here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-A-BT-Smarthub-An-Update/td-p/1795292

Let us know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Fon

Thank you very much!!!